PAUL DI’ANNO's last gig

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I read it, that was my takeaway as well. He's a selfish pos and in his own words a pretty terrible and narcissistic human being.
On my last vacation we were hanging out with a guy who arranged photo shoots (like at Sir Macca's house) and his wife managed musical acts. She was telling us about this brilliant guitar player who everybody wanted but nobody wanted to deal with because he was such an asshole. Sometimes people find ways to override their talent.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Steve Harris always seemed to have a vision of what Maiden could be. Dickinson was the right guy at the right time to elevate Maiden into the 80’s. To me The Dickinson era of Maiden is like the Black album was to Metallica. The rawness is just behind them and entered into a more polished sound.

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
I read years ago Paul couldn't handle touring and had to bow out. Being friends with Samson they stole Bruce away. I'm a fan of Bruce over Paul but I do like both of the albums that Paul sang on. Piece of Mind is my favorite Maiden album.

Deftone

Reaction score
I read years ago Paul couldn't handle touring and had to bow out. Being friends with Samson they stole Bruce away. I'm a fan of Bruce over Paul but I do like both of the albums that Paul sang on. Piece of Mind is my favorite Maiden album.

"I'm not an opera singer........this is punk" :dude:

Deftone

Reaction score
I think Piece of Mind was probably my favorite album as well....

But in later years I've really been into Powerslave. I remember all my buddies and me waiting for it to come out in high school.....

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I saw Somewhere in Time tour-it was OK, by then I was ruined by PUNK/METAL shows at City Gardens. REAL RAW ROCK, not, Stadium Rock-Maiden seemed WAY too polished-like a lovely gal with zero sex appeal---Let me guess? Steve is going to "ride the bin" and sing every lyric, here goes Dave-smiling-weedle deedle.....Zero danger!