Paris?

FelipeBr

Reaction score
hey there, guys!
well, i'm going to Paris on July, and i wanted some guitar tips, hahah
anything, from vintage guitar shops to a must see band.
thanks,
Felipe

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I hope you survive.

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's being facetious. He wishes he was going to Paris.:D

The music store district is on Victor Masse St., but don't expect to see any bargains. Here's a map.

Paris Music Shops

Not really. I spent 8 1/2 years living in Europe and never went to Paris or Berlin. My facetiousness was that if he is a US citizen, he will have a hard time in Paris as the Parisians are not like the country folk of France.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
Not really. I spent 8 1/2 years living in Europe and never went to Paris or Berlin. My facetiousness was that if he is a US citizen, he will have a hard time in Paris as the Parisians are not like the country folk of France.

You are right about the difference between Parisians and the rest of France. Luckily, I have always gotten along OK with Parisians because I will initiate conversations in French. They appreciate my struggle with their language and will then speak to me in English. Just a game, really. In the rest of France, the folks always treat us Americans with great respect.

The Fool On The Hill

Reaction score

I would never step foot in Berlin, The Germans from my understanding are incredibly rude towards foreigners.

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would never step foot in Berlin, The Germans from my understanding are incredibly rude towards foreigners.

Then you have never been to Germany. I did not go to Berlin because it is like San Francisco on steroids and acid. I lived in Germany for 8 1/2 years and worked on the German economy for 6 of those. I believe I am eminently qualified to say if Germans are friendly or rude.

NoStatic

Banned
Reaction score
hey there, guys!
well, i'm going to Paris on July, and i wanted some guitar tips, hahah
anything, from vintage guitar shops to a must see band.
thanks,
Felipe

There are better things to do in Paris- the greatest city in the world- than look for gits.

Just suck the place up. Ive never had a problem with Parisians, Ive found them nothing but accomodating and pleased to show off their amazing city. But Ive certainly seen loud, obnoxious and boorish visitors get the wrong end of the French pineapple. Its quite funny to watch.

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I love Paris. If I could, I would have a place there. I speak enough French to get by, and try not to be the typical American when I am there.

Some pics for those who have never been....

Notre Dame....

NotreDame.jpg

In front of Notre Dame. The guy in the grey jacket is sitting where my wife was when I proposed years ago....

NotreDameCourtyard.jpg

The back of Notre Dame..

NotreDameback.jpg

The horrible Pyramid inside the Louvre...

Louvrepyramid1.jpg

A cool shot of the surfaces of the Pyramid...

contrast1.jpg

A neat little alcove in the Louvre...

LouvreArch.jpg

I have many more pics....

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
At least go to the Louvre. Grab some culture. It's one of my goals, if I ever collect enough spare cash to go.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had a fantastic time when I was in Paris years ago. I'm sure some will disagree, but I found Paris' reputation for rude locals was bullshit. I found them quite friendly, even when they were raking me over the coals about Bush being a dick, haha. You'll have loads of fun.

The Fool On The Hill

Reaction score
Then you have never been to Germany. I did not go to Berlin because it is like San Francisco on steroids and acid. I lived in Germany for 8 1/2 years and worked on the German economy for 6 of those. I believe I am eminently qualified to say if Germans are friendly or rude.

Whatever blows your hair back.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Never been to France, nor do i intend to. My cousin has been to Paris many times and, well, from what i gather they can be VERY rude indeed... and they don't know how to drive either. Though i've been to Germany to see a friend who lives there... a really nice place, and very friendly people (it was a winefest i was at :naughty:) :laugh2:

NoStatic

Banned
Reaction score

I know what you mean, Fool. Id always heard that same thing about Americans. Imagine my surprise when I got there and found it didnt seem to be true.

05jrock

Reaction score
I've worked with a few French people.
Some were quite arrogant and rude,And some wern't.
I've also worked with folks from many other countries.
But just because 1 or 2 of them are rude does not mean the rest of their countrymen are.
To think that would make you the rude arrogant one.

Latest Threads