Paris terrorist attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryHill

Reaction score
The pathetic thing is, we WERE over there and we WERE sitting on these creeps' heads. ISIS exists because we idiotically, mind-bendingly stupidly, pulled the US troops out of Iraq after the war was won and the Islamic State- errr, "Emirate" at the time-- was comprehensively defeated and hiding in basements from their own sane-Muslim neighbors- and all this thrown away for nothing more than cynical political reasons.

This idiocy was compounded by destabilizing Syria, and then funding and arming rebels who were "anti-al-Qaeda"-- well, duh, ISIS hates al-Qaeda.

A third grade special-ed class could run a better foreign policy.

You do realize that this was all decided by a previous administration, in talks with the Iragi's, by early 2008, right?

The guy that started it, signed the deal to yank us out.

Spurholder

Reaction score
And HTF did multiple guys get entire Kalashnikovs into a rock concert, when you've got to nearly shove stash up your butt to relax for a couple hours at a rock show?

That is some piss poor security right there.

The back door guy at the concert was probably the first victim. After that, it was smooth sailing for those bastards.

Which begs the question - how much can you invest in security?

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
You do realize that this was all decided by a previous administration, in talks with the Iragi's, by early 2008, right?

NO.

That's the spin advanced, and it's total BS.

SOFAs are renegotiated all the time. We have repeatedly negotiated new SOFAs with Britain, Germany, Japan, Korea, every country in the world where we have troops. They're like union contracts: they last for a set term, and then you sit down and negotiate the new one. Claiming "the SOFA expired" is as lame an excuse as claiming "I don't have a cell phone because my contract expired."

And it's hardly a secret that Guy B, while on the one hand blaming Guy A for it, then went around bragging about doing it and "ending the war in Iraq" (which was over before he ever took office).

homenote

ROCKSTAR INC (T.M)
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i'm not referring to the extremist...i was referring to the culture in general that is way more conservative than the western world. i understand i wasn't clear but in simple math, within the context in which i was inferring, don't look too good IF we're talking a worst case scenario where the extreme folks DO wind up bringing about the apocalypse.

i'm just being alarmist, worrying about this stuff. its easy to let your mind wander and wonder "what it".

And I was just trying to 'ease your mind' a little, as this is how the terrorist make their living. They sell fear. My point was/is not to buy any of it. :thumb:

And not for nothing (and with ALL due respect) but my post seem a lot more in line with the rules than ... well i beta shut up now.. :D How does me saying religion has nothing to do with it, violate the rules? and me saying i lean to the right, just to be clear, was describing my values, not political preference- and I really hope my respect for the Mods and all they do, rings loud & clear, as I explain my self here.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
One wonders if the theater gunmen might have had insider help, if the guy at one of the doors was a conspirator. (Idea probably came to me from the Lufthansa heist of Goodfellas fame)

Hangers

Reaction score
One wonders if the theater gunmen might have had insider help, if the guy at one of the doors was a conspirator. (Idea probably came to me from the Lufthansa heist of Goodfellas fame)

idk, how many of us slipped a few dollars to a door man to get in a sold out show.

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is important to understand the enemy. However, it is equally important to measure one's response within one's own decision making processes.

One of the biggest pitfalls of dealing with doucebags is buying into their bullsh*t.

I don't need a lesson in religion or philosophy. If you kill one of ours, we kill two of yours. If you kill more than a handful of ours, we kill all of yours (i.e. "yours" being those who share the same ideology).

I'd say that the biggest problem that we face is that our politicians are from the shallow end of the gene pool and thus are destined (vis a vis Darwin's theory) to make themselves and their wards extinct.

Kind of like Bruce Lee said “Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life! Do not be concerned with escaping safely- lay your life before him!!”

chasenblues

Reaction score

NO.

That's the spin advanced, and it's total BS.

SOFAs are renegotiated all the time. We have repeatedly negotiated new SOFAs with Britain, Germany, Japan, Korea, every country in the world where we have troops. They're like union contracts: they last for a set term, and then you sit down and negotiate the new one. Claiming "the SOFA expired" is as lame an excuse as claiming "I don't have a cell phone because my contract expired."

And it's hardly a secret that Guy B, while on the one hand blaming Guy A for it, then went around bragging about doing it and "ending the war in Iraq" (which was over before he ever took office).

How the Obama administration bungled the Iraq withdrawal negotiations | Foreign Policy

Hope this doesn't veer to far into verboten territory, Yank it if it does.

Zentar

Reaction score
Why do you need a conspirator in the form of a Door Man? Reminds me of the line in the movie Treasure Of Sierra Madre. "We don't need no stinkin badges".

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some interesting points of view in this thread...I will say that.

Extremism.....

I live in/very near Dearborn MI, A very Muslim community, the highest population in the United States, Most all of them of Shi'ite origins and who Want to be Americans. They live by our rules, (for the most part) and are indeed intermingling on every level of our society. From owning Gas stations to leadership positions in local government and lots of them in the health care industry. They are woven into the fabric here.

Dangerous? Scary?

I could go into a store or restaurant in East Dearborn right now and feel just fine. However....there is an air of mistrust. I would not call it a phobia...

People generally want to get along. There arent any hate marches, or demonstrations....the mosques and churches reside side by side in some areas.

Foolish? Asking for it?

There is an an area here (a few actually) called "Little Iraq", and "Little Syria" one of them has changed the facades of the buildings to look like arches (several blocks) Not a big deal....kinda cool actually, the food smells damn good. And I do love Arabic food.

But then when the mosq in the area started chanting over loud speakers the call to prayer, the white population in the area went ballistic.

I had to ask my self ...how is this different than church bells on Sunday morning? Its not....not sure how that got resolved.....but they have since been silenced...

Then there was a huge problem with Nativity Scenes being vandalized during the holiday season....it was rampant, just everywhere...The Nativity scene in front of the Dearborn City Hall had to be permanently removed. Never to return....Heartbreaking for most Dearborn residents.

OK how are these NOT religious conflicts.....Personally I don't care if you hang a Menorah in front of my City Hall, and I would gladly share the space for my nativity...and whoever else's.

But don't declare its wrong by your standard belief.

Michigan Drivers License (anystate USA) needs a photo...WITHOUT a Burkka covering it.....There was a Huge calamity over husbands disallowing wives to have their wives photo get taken. Some women were beaten because they allowed the photo.
....no photo... no license...

There is a large population of women who come in to our ER's beaten nearly to death, for stupid and ridiculas senseless reasons. We had to change the whole way of handling Female Arab patients, Me being a male nurse could not assist one in ANYTHING, I couldn't even start an IV on her. Because if the husband found out I touched her Arm, she would be back with broken bones. Or not at all.

We even had a few "Honor killings" of younger girls.

Some of these people are literally animals and are capable. And in their county....its totally acceptable, because Sharia Law dictates it.

As a Western Civilization we cant and wont "Accept" these rules...they are way off our moral compass.

That's the whole crux here.....they want to impose a belief and its in their "rule book" (you know what I mean) to execute the non believer.

There is a fundamentalism and it needs to be dealt with, otherwise they are going to deal it....and its started.

Trust me...I know the culture.

And I DO NOT speak for all.....lets not make the mistake of lumping it all in one...because that isnt true....

We need to go into this with a clear mind

homenote

ROCKSTAR INC (T.M)
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The mods have done a great job keeping this, very important thread , open though. Sometimes they prolly have to 'pre-empt' a possible bad turn or momentum on a thread. I totally get and respect that. Trying to decipher the meaning of a post, poorly written, by someone, such as myself, can't be an easy task. :laugh2:

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's completely out of line and borderline racist. People like you are part of this problem.

Please explain what is racist about numerous people of many races who believe in a radical political system which masquerades as a religion. Political parties are made up of many races.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Done!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads