Paris is Burning

slug_maine

Reaction score
As Dun said.

But it is not only about gas taxes and not about the climate accord.
The cost of petrol is cheaper today than in the 70's compare to the minimum wages. One had to wotk 20mn early 1970 to buy a litre of gas, it takes now 12mn of work.

And prices were worst in 2011/2012.

People are fed up with the politicians and the stoopid decision taken by them.
I do agree with the "yellow vest" mouvement, but do not agree with the violence that happened in Paris and some other town.
Some people that went into jugement today were stuned by what they actually did, they are good daddy going to work Everyday like many of us, but, like we saw in football matches when groups of people interact together, they can sometime get stupid.

Well, a few month of prison and a couple of shower there will give them food for thought.

Still!

One day, not now, but one day, this, below, might happen again…

And all will start all over again.

Human never learn. :facepalm:

Now you get an Inside view, but please guys, Let's not turn this more into a political debat, and Let's get back to the stupid stories of outdoor piss grounds in the touristic areas of Paris…

:420::420::laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:facepalm:

Wish they'd lay off the architecture.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Architecture is addictive. I mean first it starts with an Arch, maybe an Archway on the weekends.

Before you know it you're baselining a Balustrade and sucking dick to afford a Bay Window.

When your local Architect tries to get you to try Architecture kids, JUST SAY, 'NO!'

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Dun said.

But it is not only about gas taxes and not about the climate accord.
The cost of petrol is cheaper today than in the 70's compare to the minimum wages. One had to wotk 20mn early 1970 to buy a litre of gas, it takes now 12mn of work.

And prices were worst in 2011/2012.

People are fed up with the politicians and the stoopid decision taken by them.
I do agree with the "yellow vest" mouvement, but do not agree with the violence that happened in Paris and some other town.
Some people that went into jugement today were stuned by what they actually did, they are good daddy going to work Everyday like many of us, but, like we saw in football matches when groups of people interact together, they can sometime get stupid.

Well, a few month of prison and a couple of shower there will give them food for thought.

Still!

One day, not now, but one day, this, below, might happen again…

And all will start all over again.

Human never learn. :facepalm:

Now you get an Inside view, but please guys, Let's not turn this more into a political debat, and Let's get back to the stupid stories of outdoor piss grounds in the touristic areas of Paris…

:420::420::laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:facepalm:
Thank you for the synopsis, brother! Nice to get a little local flavor on the issue. Oddly, our media at large are covering very little of it these days. I'm pretty sure that I know why, but can't get into it here. Most can probably read between the lines.

Anyway, if you're right there in the thick of things, I wish you well and hope things start to get resolved without WWIII being unleashed. Stay safe out there. :wave:

lunchbox

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Of all the articles that I've seen, not one ever mentioned the actual amount that the gas tax was going to add. Looks to be about $.32/gallon, to which I assume is an already steep rate.

I paid $2.04/gallon just yesterday, and our gas tax (through all the various entities) runs roughly $.50-60/gallon as it is.
Californians will be paying approximately $.80 more per gallon come 2020. lol

lunchbox

Reaction score
Architecture is addictive. I mean first it starts with an Arch, maybe an Archway on the weekends.

Before you know it you're baselining a Balustrade and sucking dick to afford a Bay Window.

When your local Architect tries to get you to try Architecture kids, JUST SAY, 'NO!'
Don’t even get me started on pilasters and columns!!!

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Thank you for the synopsis, brother! Nice to get a little local flavor on the issue. Oddly, our media at large are covering very little of it these days. I'm pretty sure that I know why, but can't get into it here. Most can probably read between the lines.

Anyway, if you're right there in the thick of things, I wish you well and hope things start to get resolved without WWIII being unleashed. Stay safe out there. :wave:

Thx Scoot, but it is not as bad as it looks.
I have three daughters and they go out on their own anytime they like. They just have to avoid the places where the protests are going on.

And, vacation time is coming and we have the foie gras and Champagne to prepare for the appetizer then Oysters, smoked salmon, followed by Scallops or Sea Bass, trou Normand (apple sherbet topped with Calvados) Beef (blue to rare) or duck (rare to slightly medium), cheeses, Christmas Log (creamy cake) or the 13 desserts of Provence (yes, 13), coffee and little sweet thingy to go with it, just in case we had not enough before.

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kane Roberts? :laugh2:

05.jpg
Yeah...that's the dude. What a monster!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
History is repeating itself...

Think France 1934...Strong men in power to the east, west and north of them...fighting in the streets between thugs from the left and right.

Different actors, same movie.

JMHO

The key to not repeating historical mistakes is to scrub history as clean as it’ll get, and then scrub a little more.

“But this time its totally different because we have social media.”
“Uh huh.”

Best not to engage.

Latest Threads