Paragon Redwood for the MGS

TKOjams

Reaction score
DSC_0257.jpg

I've been thinking of making a neck routing jig. Your's is very cool, mind if i steel your idea?:D

TKOjams

Reaction score
Not at all. I stole it anyway, ummmm I mean borrowed. :naughty:

The link you posted earlier in the thread doesn't work. Do I need to sign up or something to view the page?
Thanks,
Ken

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
The link you posted earlier in the thread doesn't work. Do I need to sign up or something to view the page?
Thanks,
Ken

It looks as if the tools section of the site has been pulled down. I guess there is no more sharing.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
So while I'm sitting here watching clear dry :laugh2:, I'll show you all what else is going to Montreal with me. Currently I am waiting on all of the parts to show up. The Jr is the only one that is done so far. Just over a month to go. Plently of time. :fingersx:

CR Model Solid Body
DSC_0023.jpg

Paragon Standard Semi-Hollow
DSC_0024.jpg

Paragon Standard Semi-Hollow (I like this one a lot so I'll show it again)
DSC_0333.jpg

Paragon Jr (the only one that is done)
DSC_0425.jpg

drewguitars

Reaction score
Darn DNG,
that is awesome work man i'm lovin it big time .
that neck jig is just genius
Last year i was on a 3week holiday in quebec and i went to the MGS, that has got me so far that i started to build some myself.
this year however i'm going to west-coast of Canada (vancouver-Banff,Jasper,etc.) but i sure wish i could be there this year.

Reverend D

Reaction score
They all look incredible. Really like the Blue standard semi hollow, that thing is really beautiful, then again I'm kinda fond of blue. My favorite Ibanez is in a jewel blue, but that natural blue tiger stripe top is just a stunner. Good luck at the show!

Regards,

Don

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
That's a beautiful burst ! What colors did you use to do that, Yellow and brown only ?

Thank you. This is my version of a Tri-Burst. There is a little cherry hiding in there as well. From the time I first drew up this guitar, this is the burst I had pictured in my head for this guitar. I am very very happy with the result. 5 more coats of clear tomorrow and its done with finish.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
They all look incredible. Really like the Blue standard semi hollow, that thing is really beautiful, then again I'm kinda fond of blue. My favorite Ibanez is in a jewel blue, but that natural blue tiger stripe top is just a stunner. Good luck at the show!

Regards,

Don

Thanks Don. What is funny about the blue is its a color I never thought I would do. I good friend came over to my shop a couple of weeks ago and Goes "Blue"? Thats so unlike you. I am starting to think outside of the box. Its nice out here. :laugh2:

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
We have pickups. Hot off the winder. :thumb:

DSC_0053.jpg

Now I need to go work on actual customer guitars. :D

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Quick teaser of the top. I am waiting on the Piezo Loaded bridge.

DSC_0173.jpg

Also, new Gold Metallic Logo and Grover Sta-Tite tuners. I like these.

DSC_0174.jpg

Also for those keeping track, the Blue one is all done.

DSC_0176-1.jpg

I should have some nice pics by the weekend.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Here are a couple of quick crappy quality teaser shots. Working the bugs out of a new lighting setup. Also looks like I need to wash my backdrop. I think a combo of flood lights and a fill flash will do the trick. Also if it gets here in time, this guitar will have a different bridge. Graphtech sent me out one of thier new prototype Ghost Loaded Reso-Max NW-1 wraparound bridges. They said I am the first builder to get one. Hopefully I get it in time. :fingersx: More pics to come in a couple of days.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

stbailey

Reaction score
Ok, the top is going to be SIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!:dude:

I dyed the top and the grain popped like crazy. The next pics I post will be of the guitar with sealer on it so you can see exactly what I am talking about. Till then.............:D

What a great color. I am in the process of my first redwood build. If you don't mind what brand and color of dye did you use? I would like to do something similar.

Claymore

Reaction score
Wow!
Can't wait to see these next weekend!
Love your new logo!

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
What a great color. I am in the process of my first redwood build. If you don't mind what brand and color of dye did you use? I would like to do something similar.

I used transtint reddish/brown diluted in water right on the wood. Honestly I can't remember the mixture though.

Wow!
Can't wait to see these next weekend!
Love your new logo!

Thanks. I love the metallic look of the logo now. I think I might still do pearl on some really high end guitars down the way, but this really ties in with my whole company color scheme really well. Looking forward to meeting you as well.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Amazing top! I love the neck joint too!:thumb:
Sorry if it has been said, but what's the hole in between the bridge posts for?:hmm:

Thank you much. The neck joint is super comfy and the upper fret access is amazing. This guitar is equipped with a Graphtech Acoustiphonic System. The hole is for the wires from the Piezo Pickup saddles in the bridge.

gator payne

Reaction score
I adore Redwood. nice dark almost haunting taptone. I have used it in many acoustics. I also love the wide curl you get with Curly Redwood. The only thing I dont like is that it will dent if you breath wrong on it:)

as always Wounderful work:applause::applause:

Latest Threads