Paragon '59 Build Thread

bigalthethird

Reaction score
I think the hardware and the finish fading are my favorite parts. So, so cool

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
INTENSELY cool! :thumb:
Thanks for posting these builds Dan, you set the bar rather high....(!!!)

Thanks. :thumb:

I think the hardware and the finish fading are my favorite parts. So, so cool

I think that the fading and hardware aging were right up there for me as well. Gives the build a little more of a personal touch.

By the way a few odds and ends will be here tomorrow like pots, switch etc. And oh yeah, tomorrow is final assembly day!!! :dude::dude::dude: Well this one and 4 others. :D

cgm

Reaction score
Awesome build! Thanks for posting all of the details. I am very new to guitars, I love reading these build threads to see what goes into building a les paul.

Now for my not-so-serious question... After you pay for all of the materials and your overhead, how much you make per hour on a guitar like these... $5.00/hr?

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome build! Thanks for posting all of the details. I am very new to guitars, I love reading these build threads to see what goes into building a les paul.

Now for my not-so-serious question... After you pay for all of the materials and your overhead, how much you make per hour on a guitar like these... $5.00/hr?

Thank you. Glad you enjoy the thread. Since these are essentially prototypes I cannot comment on the hourly yet. I will say that these are considerable more than say my Paragon Standard which gets rolling at around $3000. There is a finer attention to detail in these builds to be more historically accurate than my Paragon Standard. For instance, I hate hate hate doing nibs on the fingerboard binding because it takes a long time to get right and I prefer the frets to go all the way to the end of the fingerboard. This build has nibs so it is accurate to the original. :thumb:

By the way for those tagging along, wiring done in Burst, and starting wiring on the Redwood topped next. :dude:

Bruiser74

Reaction score
Is this Etchant solution hard to find?
Wicked work by the way, just killer!

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Is this Etchant solution hard to find?
Wicked work by the way, just killer!

Any Radio Shack should have it in stock. And thank you.

Looks great! Did you use KTM-9?

Thank you. Unfortunately I am currently not shooting any water based finish. I haven't used KTM-9 in almost 2 years at this point. I was shooting EM6000 for most of last year but I couldn't quite get the results I needed. The lack of bite in the mahogany is what killed it for me. These days I am shooting Mohawk Nitro.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. :thumb::thumb: I'll have a chance to shoot some proper pics in a few days. :naughty:

DSC_0037.jpg

MRJ

Reaction score
Beautiful work Dan!:applause: I love it!:thumb:

emoney

Reaction score
That's "cute" I guess...... I mean if you like that sort of thing.

<snicker>

InsertUsernameHere

Reaction score
That thing looks killer.
I think it looks better with the cutaway you have compared to the traditional cutaway.
Nice work man. :thumb:

Knarbens

Reaction score
Fantastic!
Like the burst color, plastics and the aged hardware ...
superb work.

pfox14

Reaction score
So far - awesome. Thanks for sharing all the great photos of the build. Very enjoyable.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Today at the NY Guitar Expo, studio great Nicky Moroch stopped by the booth to check out some guitars. Here is what happened when he pickup up the Paragon '59...... Right about 1:15 his buddy turns the amp up to 10 and it gets epic!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qebtmhoREZo[/ame]

Latest Threads