Paisley Or Euphoria

kam4ff

Reaction score
I can't decide between the two. It'll be used for pushing a Marshall 2203 or 2555 and occasionally a fender hot rod deville 410 with my les Paul and firebird.

I love the presence and mod features on the paisley, but also the three way on the euphoria. What would you do?

hbucker

Reaction score
Isn't Paisley geared more toward Country and the Euphoria more toward Rock? Not that you can't mix and match, but that angle might help you decide.

Probably can't go wrong with either though...

ARandall

Reaction score
Why decide....double date if you can!!!

kam4ff

Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot. I recently graduated from College so cash is tight.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
The Euphoria pedal offers some serious tones if you like Dumble type stuff. I bought one when they were called Ecstasy. It's easily one of my favorite pedals. I have read that some people consider the Paisley pedal generic and not very inspiring. However, I have not tried it out...not my flavor of pedal.

The real question though is what kind of sound you are after...let's start there.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
I really like the Paisley Drive. It can do SO much more than Country. I like the Euphoria well enough, but it's not my top choice for those Dumbleesque tones.

But the Paisley to me is like the ultimate 808 derivative. With all of the switches you can make it work with any rig and sound killer. If you don't like 808s at all, then maybe go Euphoria but the Paisley sounds great in R n' R and blues too and is much more than a twangy country pedal.

kam4ff

Reaction score
I'm grabbing the paisley. If it doesn't work with my rig I'll try the euphoria.

B-Nads

Reaction score
I play country along with alt country, blues and rock. I had both on two separate occasions, and kept neither. This probably goes against the grain because Brad Paisley's pickups tend to be on the hotter side, but I preferred the P-Drive with lower output pickups. It can get some nice biting lead tones, but I prefer my MJM Phantom for an 808 variation - less fine-tuning (which isn't always a bad thing) with a juicier sound. I would probably lean towards the Euphoria for use with Les Pauls, but I've gone through pretty much every Dumble-in-a-box out there, and have never kept one. I liked the Euphoria in the Open setting, but the Rockett Flex Drive I use now, which Wampler helped design with Chris Van Tassel, just blows it out of the water. Also, the Rockett Chicken Soup, which is a sweet and transparent low-gain od, can get the dumble thing going on and compliments the sound of a Les Paul better than the Paisley, which colours it more. All opinion, of course.

Latest Threads