Pairing Blackstar HT Stage 60 combo with 2x12 extension cab.

TurboStang

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm looking to do some experimenting by hooking my Blackstar HT Stage 60 combo up with either my Mesa Boogie 2x12 horizontal cab or my Egnater Tourmaster 2x12 cab, utilizing all four speakers.

I just want to make sure I hook the speaker cable up correctly so I don't fry the amp. Below are pics of the rear panel of the Blackstar and both cabs.

From memory, I believe the Blackstar's factory speakers are connected the the "1x8 ohm" input on the amp.

Since both extension cabs have 8 ohm mono inputs, should I leave the Blackstar's speakers connected as they are currently? Which output should I use for the extension cabs? Should I run the additional speaker cable from the "2x16 ohm" or the "2x8 ohm" output on the Blackstar into the "8 ohm" input of the cabs?

This is something I've never done before and any help is greatly appreciated.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
If the internal speaker(s) is connected to the 1x8ohm jack, then move it to the 2x8ohm jack and plug the 8ohm 2x12 cab in right next to it, for a total load of 4ohms, as the two 8ohm cabs will be in parallel.
Just remember to put it all back to stock when you're done. :)

TurboStang

Reaction score
I hooked them up somewhat like that at rehearsal last night prior to seeing your post today.

I moved the internal speakers from the 1x8ohm jack to the 1x4ohm jack, and plugged the Mesa cab into the 2x8ohm jack. Worked like a charm and sounded great. I'm guessing as long as I used those two particular jacks, it didn't matter which was plugged into the 1x4 or 2x8?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Yeah, that's it. They're actually two jacks wired in parallel to the 4ohm tap on the output transformer.

76lpdeluxe

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm looking to do some experimenting by hooking my Blackstar HT Stage 60 combo up with either my Mesa Boogie 2x12 horizontal cab or my Egnater Tourmaster 2x12 cab, utilizing all four speakers.

I just want to make sure I hook the speaker cable up correctly so I don't fry the amp. Below are pics of the rear panel of the Blackstar and both cabs.

I have the 1x12 blackstar ht soloist 60 ,and when i got it iwas told absolutely
no external cabs will work! along with the default 12 in the combo. I cant seem too get enuff bottom end out of the amp. wish i could get a 2x12 to work with it.
Im scared shitless to try it! I think its 8 ohms. killer live club amp abso!
:dude:
BLACKSTAR HT 60 .JPG
Help . need more bass from this 60 w soloist

From memory, I believe the Blackstar's factory speakers are connected the the "1x8 ohm" input on the amp.

Since both extension cabs have 8 ohm mono inputs, should I leave the Blackstar's speakers connected as they are currently? Which output should I use for the extension cabs? Should I run the additional speaker cable from the "2x16 ohm" or the "2x8 ohm" output on the Blackstar into the "8 ohm" input of the cabs?

This is something I've never done before and any help is greatly appreciated.

76lpdeluxe

Reaction score
I have a Blackstar ht 60 soloist 1x12. I really need some bottom end on the distortion
channel.Clean channel is huge and unreal .The I love the seamless switching . i was told i can't use an external cab...
along with the 1x12 in the combo. Help lol, either a cab or magical
pedal to boost bottom on the 1x12. im using boss adaptive distortion pedal

Can we somehow use a 2x12 or 4x12 with the 1x12 or bypass it. ?? thx Katz