Painting tobacco burst

Beerad

Reaction score
So I have my Les Paul completely sand. I need to seal the wood. I want to paint it Tabasco burst glossy, but the outside edge with a satin black, so that when I put a black glossy capricorn on the edge of the top of radius. Capricorn will be more pin stripe representation. Any tips.

Attachments

Beerad

Reaction score
Of course the Capricorn image has been modified to fit. My question is more about the satin black very outer burst, on top of the glossy black burst

ARandall

Reaction score
Make your edge burst colour much lighter than tobacco burst, that way your capricorn will stand out. Alternatively make the tobacco only dark right at the edge like the way your example pic has it.

Axis39

Reaction score
I would suggest you buff the whole guitar glossy first, no matter what.

Then, you could go one of two ways.

1. You could gently sand/polish back the area you want the gloss cut back. My serious advice here is go much higher grit and lighter than you think you should, checking often... And for goodness sake, do several tests before you start on your guitar.

2. You could shoot a very light misting of clear on with a lower air pressure, or heavier paint mix, to give you a touch of texture. again, test this one big time as well. An airbrush, or touch up gun would be a good investment for this option.

AJK1

Reaction score
So I have my Les Paul completely sand. I need to seal the wood. I want to paint it Tabasco burst glossy, but the outside edge with a satin black, so that when I put a black glossy capricorn on the edge of the top of radius. Capricorn will be more pin stripe representation. Any tips.
Tabasco, so if you lick it does it have the flavour ?

Latest Threads