Pagey’s Black Beauty Custom is $20,000?

martin H

Reaction score
It's a free country. People can ask whatever they want. You may not know the purpose for the price. They may be hoping for a big payday or they may not really want to sell. Maybe they are looking for what sort of private offers they might receive. Maybe they put it out there at a high price to drive more people to other listings. Nevertheless, it is extremely bad form to troll someone for their price on MLP forum. If you don't have the money, just move on.

I agree that criticizing and individual seller in this way is overboard. I reserve, however, the right to rail against what I see as the values and mores of "collectors" becoming the values of musicians. I get the feeling that some folks spend more time tracking the recent sale prices of their instruments than they do playing them .

Burty459

Reaction score
I saw a Pearly Gates for £28,000 the other day!

Sweeper5

Reaction score
What the fuck is wrong with people? Do instruments like this actually sell for this kind of dough? Fucking ridiculous!

I agree. A replica guitar. $20 grand. If I had $20 grand to spend on any guitar I wanted, can you imagine the cool authentic vintage axes available. Personally, I don’t like LP’s with bigsby tailpieces, but more than that, I think it’s silly to buy a fake replica guitar, even if it’s from the Gibson Cusom Shop. So to me, this is just a joke.

lwchafin

Reaction score
I'd say only half of the willing buyer/willing seller equation will materialize at that price.

ADP

Reaction score
I agree. A replica guitar. $20 grand. If I had $20 grand to spend on any guitar I wanted, can you imagine the cool authentic vintage axes available. Personally, I don’t like LP’s with bigsby tailpieces, but more than that, I think it’s silly to buy a fake replica guitar, even if it’s from the Gibson Cusom Shop. So to me, this is just a joke.
It is actually NOT a replica. It is one of two guitars built from the memory of the Artist. This guitar and Clapton's "Beano" were both spec'd from memory as they were stolen at the time Gibson built them.

Needless to say, I've got one and I would tell you to keep your $20 grand and buy a Jerry Cantrell, whoever the fuck that is....

Mnc

Reaction score
What the fuck is wrong with people? Do instruments like this actually sell for this kind of dough? Fucking ridiculous!

Do you recognize the name P.T. Barnum? That answers your question.

Reaction score

yes, a very wealthy guitar player will buy that, and stick it on the wall, or put it in a temp controlled secure warehosue for the next 10 year prior to selling.

PlainAllman

Reaction score
I guess the government should take over the company and just start giving them away. I guess plywood could be made to look like flames maybe.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
Personally I don't see the value of it however if someone wants to pay that much then more power to them. Its not my money nor right to tell people what they should buy with their money.

I spent a lot of money buying a Toni Iommi's Jim Dunlop rack rah which he used back in 1999 for their "Reunion" Tour. I'm sure people will say "you wasted your money" but to me, it held a lot of value and I bought it - and very happy with it. No regrets.

Billy Corgan is selling his ADA MP-1 on Reverb which he used early in his career. While I just love early SP (I even saw their 3rd show ever as a band), IMHO its not worth $5k to me. Maybe if I was worth a lot more money, $5k wouldn't have been too much to spend something which I very much like.

ADP

Reaction score
The bottom line is this; any guitarist you mention isn't even half as recognizable when it comes to the Les Paul when compared to Jimmy Page.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No surprise on the price...

I am lovingly enjoying my Epiphone 335 Figured; $600.00

blee57

Reaction score
I paid 2900.00 for mine less the JPC before the S/N and the case candy. It's an awesome guitar and weighs a ton!

I also paid 2900.00 for my 54 RI with Staple and P90 with Bigsby tail stop.

Bobbylee

Reaction score
Some folks measure value by the amount of sweat that rolls off their back to the crack of their ass while working, others find income easier to come by thus value has a different meaning. Even with resources, informed consumers face an uphill battle. Been going on for centuries.

A good LP is good to have.

Clocker

Reaction score

Just bought it. I’ll sell it to your spineless TROLL carcass for 40k. :welcome:

Latest Threads