P90 Tributes....... Any good?

Chemo

Reaction score
My 2011 Les Paul Tribute with P90's is my favourite guitar ever when it comes to emotional value. It's not as good as my Maybach Lester, but it's definitely good enough for any use, and I love the neck shape and satin finish. It's my guitar that I'd save if the house was on fire.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'm still kind of kicking myself for not buying one of the honeyburst LE ones that AMS/ZZsounds/Music123 had in 2017. Every time I see a used one the price is the same as new (or higher with shipping) so I still haven't bought one!

Right now I'm having major urges to build my first guitar and I want it to be a singlecut with P90s. That is one thing lacking in my guitar collection.

Wagster

Reaction score
Mine kills. Chambered P90 goodness.
LOL!!! You said it brother! My 2011 60's trib GT weighs in at a mere 7lbs even. Was the lightest one I could find at that time!

But more to the point...it's a great guitar. A little tweaking and it's as road worthy as any LP at twice the price. The trade-off? Well.... Sure. It's gold. Sure. The gold is on the top. Technically speaking....it just barely meets the minimum requirements for a GOLD TOP. You can see where mine is wearing a bit thin already on that upper bout.

still....she's a keeper just the same. :acoustic:

Last edited:

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
I was without a Lester for many years since I had to sell my beloved '71 Deluxe to pay bills.
Mine is a bit of a tribute to THAT guitar.
I buffed the headstock, neck and top to a shine like God intended, and did the faux binding thing.
For some reason it was just weird looking down and seeing an unbound body, but it doesn't bother me at all on the neck.

mdubya

Reaction score
LOL!!! You said it brother! My 2011 60's trib GT weighs in at a mere 7lbs even. Was the lightest one I could find at that time!

But more to the point...it's a great guitar. A little tweaking and it's as road worthy as any LP at twice the price. The trade-off? Well.... Sure. It's gold. Sure. The gold is on the top. Technically speaking....it just barely meets the minimum requirements for a GOLD TOP. You can see where mine is wearing a bit thin already on that lower bout.

She's still a keeper just the same.... :acoustic:

I would pay extra for the greening on the upper bout. :shock: