P-100 cavity help

jtmullet

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a customer who is wanting me to rout out a strat body for a set of p-100's and I am needing a little info on the cavity that is required I know that the top deminsions are the same as a 90 but since its basically a stacked humbucker design the cavity needs to be deeper. So I was wondering if anyone knew what routing depth is needed. All help is much appreciated.

Ronsonic

Reaction score
Unsaid in your post, but .....

There must be a very good reason that you can't have the parts in hand before routing for them.

MRJ5

Reaction score
The p-100 has a height profile of .951.

a20791b12d76ebbbc9a61b_l.jpg

A p-90 height profile is .745

sp90.gif

Recommendation for the Seymour Duncan p-100 is " if your pickup cavity is less than 1.25 inches (32 mm) deep in the neck position or .75 inches (19 mm) in the bridge position, guitar modification may be necessary."

I figure the cavity for a p-100 should be approximately 3/16 deeper (4mm) for a p-100 vs a p-90.

Those are Seymour Duncan guides. However, as mentioned above, you should have the exact dimensions of your pickups to be accurate.

emoney

Reaction score
+1 on the "Wait until you have the p'up in hand prior to routing"

jtmullet

Reaction score
Thank you guys thats what I needed to know. Yeah ideally I would much rather have the pickups in hand prior to routing unfortunately the customer and pickups are located overseas so having him ship me the pickups isnt exactly cost or time effective. Thanks again best regards.

MRJ5

Reaction score
Thank you guys thats what I needed to know. Yeah ideally I would much rather have the pickups in hand prior to routing unfortunately the customer and pickups are located overseas so having him ship me the pickups isnt exactly cost or time effective. Thanks again best regards.

You could have the customer measure the pickups then. :D

Latest Threads