Ozzy's 'new?' axeman plays, acts like Zakk + knockoff Lester!

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
again with the keyboards,just turn the fuc*in guitar up he never had keyboards when zakk was in the band.

sorry to be the one to tell you...but Ozzy always had keyboards in his band.

Morphine

Reaction score

But lately the keyboard was not SO IN YOUR FACE like this one !! Its too 80s, sounds like some JOURNEY song !! :laugh2:

Satch0922

Reaction score

Don Airey was never in the front of the mix. He played his parts and it was PART of the song, not the driving force.

Again, this sounds like SHEET....

Even the guitar tone is as generic as they get. Sad, but one thing is still the same....OZZY still can't sing in key.

CycoKilla

Reaction score
...I'm sick of his Maddona-esk way of surrounding himself with real talented musicians and song writers, using them, and then throwing them away afterwards. It just plain sucks.....

I always looked at it the other way round.
Ozzy attained his fame & notoriety with Black Sabbath & then went on to have a solo career in which he was able to take relatively unknown musicians & bring them to the worlds attention.

Randy, Jake & Zakk became the true stars of the "Ozzy" show & being guitar freaks we all know they were the stars. For the majority of people you don't go to an Ozzy show to hear the lyrics, you go to hear the insane guitarist that he has with him. (I guess that is kinda your point, but I think it's a 2-way street. Ozzy gets the crowds with dollars in their fists & these hot-rod guitarists get exposure to those crowds.) For example, I've never heard of Gus G until now. Hope he is good.

Even Metallica piggy-backed on Ozzy when they toured with him for the Master of Puppets album. Next thing you know they're huge stars, suing Napster etc etc. LOL

As for the youtube clip, I think the sound recording is f'n awful! Ozzy has sounded like that for decades you usually can't hear him though because the guitar levels are much louder. :cool:

Just my 2c. Please flame if you are in disagreement.

LesPauI+SG=Win

Reaction score
ok... is this the fill in for zakk cause hes in the hospitle OR is this zakks replacement???? i will lose all respect for ozzy if he replaced zakk and yes i saw the thing with oz talking about replacing him...... not cool

Mr. Snappy

Reaction score
I always looked at it the other way round.
Ozzy attained his fame & notoriety with Black Sabbath & then went on to have a solo career in which he was able to take relatively unknown musicians & bring them to the worlds attention.

Randy, Jake & Zakk became the true stars of the "Ozzy" show & being guitar freaks we all know they were the stars. For the majority of people you don't go to an Ozzy show to hear the lyrics, you go to hear the insane guitarist that he has with him. (I guess that is kinda your point, but I think it's a 2-way street. Ozzy gets the crowds with dollars in their fists & these hot-rod guitarists get exposure to those crowds.) For example, I've never heard of Gus G until now. Hope he is good.

Even Metallica piggy-backed on Ozzy when they toured with him for the Master of Puppets album. Next thing you know they're huge stars, suing Napster etc etc. LOL

As for the youtube clip, I think the sound recording is f'n awful! Ozzy has sounded like that for decades you usually can't hear him though because the guitar levels are much louder. :cool:

Just my 2c. Please flame if you are in disagreement.

Good points about Ozzy giving some unknown guitarists their big break. I'm sure Brad Gillis' Ozzy experience also helped Night Ranger gain more exposure at the time. Also, a good point about Metallica. Ozzy seems to have given some good breaks to some relatively unknown musician's and bands over the years.

Latest Threads