Ozzy's 'new?' axeman plays, acts like Zakk + knockoff Lester!

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
This whole Ozzy thing is dreadful, comical, and the musical equivelent of freshly dropped elephant feces.

lesterp

Reaction score
I'm also an Ozzy fan, but that was horrendous.

Sounded like he's using one of those cheap vocal processors.

Guitar player is decent, but after guys like Randy and Jake (and early Zakk), it's tough to get excited.

Morphine

Reaction score
What kind of a show would it be if you went to an Ozzy concert and some new guy was playing Randy's, Jake's, and Zakks songs his own way....
Alot of us would say that it would be great,That he was doing his own thing....But you fail to realize that not everyone is a musician that goes to concerts,And they go to hear songs being played the way thier CD's sound....
Just my opinion.....:D

I think if anyone wants to hear a show exactly like a CD ... just listen the fuckin' CD ! A show is a show ... a live performance, with some changes, some differences, more lively, mostly at higher BPM and every guitar player should implement his "fingertip", his own style. If I want to see a guitar covering some Zakk style, I'll see some cover band ! If that´s not true, we´re still hearing every guitar trying to sound and perform like Tony Iommi and missed great players like Jake E. Lee, Rhoads and even Zakk.

And this Gus G. is a joke just like that Herman from DragonForce ! Now he´s trying to copy Zakk just to get the gig, but when he's in, whats next ? Maybe a Canon Rock with some lyrics talking about Lord of the Rings, he's THAT kind of player, a very japanese like shredder ?

Just my honest opinion.

Cheers,

Morphz

Mr. Snappy

Reaction score
I have a question. Is this Ozzy's new band or a band put together for a "one-off" performance as stated in lazz's post on page one? If it is a "one-off" deal using other musicians because Zakk and Mike Bordin were unavailable who really gives a toss.

BTW, hope Zakk is doing better. Blood-clots are very scary and can kill you very easily. That's why he is wearing the stockings in the hospital photo that was on a link that someone posted. They are compression stockings designed to improve bloodflow to the heart. Guess the writer of the blog didn't know that when he made fun of them. :rolleyes:

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
I love the part at 2:57

No, the best part is at 1:37 to 1:39. C'mon Ozzy, get a clue. :rolleyes:

BTW, notice the kid is wearing a "Blizzard of Oz" shirt?
Even a 9 year old knows Ozzy's best days are 25 years behind him.

WillieG

Reaction score
Please don't compare that pathetic performance with the Stones. I saw them last year and it was just incredible. They sounded fantastic and rock the socks off most of today's so-called rock bands!

captain amazing

Reaction score
all of this may be true, but ozzy has WAYY more money than you all!!!

also you can tell the soundman was a real idiot, notice how the first part of the solo, the guitar was really low then they turned it up. so that may have something to do with it

Cas

Reaction score
The first video was fking dreadful with all those pinch harmonics.

Crazy Train with the kid was just awesome!

goofballone

Reaction score
I love how the kid plays true to the original and the other dufus is just wanking around

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
IMHO....sometimes things need to evolve or be let go of...

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
I think if anyone wants to hear a show exactly like a CD ... just listen the fuckin' CD ! A show is a show ... a live performance, with some changes, some differences, more lively, mostly at higher BPM and every guitar player should implement his "fingertip", his own style. If I want to see a guitar covering some Zakk style, I'll see some cover band ! If that´s not true, we´re still hearing every guitar trying to sound and perform like Tony Iommi and missed great players like Jake E. Lee, Rhoads and even Zakk.

And this Gus G. is a joke just like that Herman from DragonForce ! Now he´s trying to copy Zakk just to get the gig, but when he's in, whats next ? Maybe a Canon Rock with some lyrics talking about Lord of the Rings, he's THAT kind of player, a very japanese like shredder ?

Just my honest opinion.

Cheers,

Morphz

good job Morph!

Mr. Snappy

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the keyboards but I think sometimes people forget he used keyboards with Randy R. in the band. They were more prominent than people tend to remember.

As for Gus G. I thought he did a good job. He's probably playing it just like Sharon told him! Probably not a lot of latitude to put his own stamp on it.

Also, I asked earlier but no one answered. Is this a new band or a one time deal since Zakk and Bordin had previous commitments? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

EEF13

Reaction score

Just my honest opinion.

Cheers,

Morphz

You can't compare Gus to Herman Ri. Gus can play. Herman sucks monkey balls and is sloppy and his band suck unlike Firewind.

Satch0922

Reaction score
JESUS i would love to shove that keyboard down his throat it sounds freakin shitty.Looks like a whole new band he's not just replaced zakk.

That sound like SHEET! Ozzy singing off key, keyboards louder than the wafer thin guitar tone and enough pinch harmonics to make Zakk sound tame.

One word....joke.

leifpaul

Reaction score
i looked forward to hearing this new kid on the guitar, but was instantly disappointed to find out he`s just a ZW clone . god i am tired of the pinch harmonics:(

ehamady6

Reaction score
No, the best part is at 1:37 to 1:39. C'mon Ozzy, get a clue. :rolleyes:

BTW, notice the kid is wearing a "Blizzard of Oz" shirt?
Even a 9 year old knows Ozzy's best days are 25 years behind him.

I don't know, Ozzy lifting the kid up like he did with Randy on the Tribute cover is pretty cool at 2:57.

The Guitarist

Epi Verification Expert
Reaction score
The cameramen obviously don't like the change either, there's more screen time of the bassist than gus G! :laugh2:

Latest Threads