Ozzy's 'new?' axeman plays, acts like Zakk + knockoff Lester!

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Actually, I thought the guitar work was fine. It was Ozzy's singing that was...well....:laugh2:

Either way, I sure as hell wouldn't fork out a huge wad of cash for a show like that...

EEF13

Reaction score
Gus G is great but I don't think for Ozzy.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
how come Ozzy's voice sounds so double tracked? are they splitting the signal, or using some gizmos?

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
nevere mind the Wylde ripoff guitarist, that drummer learned ALL his tricks from Tommy Lee... seriously

The_Sentry

Reaction score
how come Ozzy's voice sounds so double tracked? are they splitting the signal, or using some gizmos?

Because they're probably piping in vocals over him.....he used to do that on his albums to make his voice sound fatter. It's probably done these days so he'll stay...somewhat in key. (I can't imagine how he remembers his lyrics these days...)

Rikochet

Reaction score
Wow...Ozzy is just ....painful to watch nowadays.

I disagree that his best days were with Randy. Jake E. Lee rocks! who doesnt love Bark at the Moon?

Zakk Wylde is great also but the last good album they put out together was No More Tears almost 20 years ago!

thats one song, randy and ozzy made what?, like 2 albums worth of good music?

Studio06

Reaction score
I have no respect for ozzy. Everyone blames sharon, just the way they have always treated the rest of the musicians who play with them (and write their songs) is appalling. Stone cold the way they cut Zakk loose, and I'm sick of his Maddona-esk way of surrounding himself with real talented musicians and song writers, using them, and then throwing them away afterwards. It just plain sucks. No loyalty, but we the fans are loyal to him... Bull$h!t.

Jessenoah

Reaction score
the drummer was playing with rob zombie, when I saw ozzy and rob zombie together on tour

1959burst

Reaction score
I have no respect for ozzy. Everyone blames sharon, just the way they have always treated the rest of the musicians who play with them (and write their songs) is appalling. Stone cold the way they cut Zakk loose, and I'm sick of his Maddona-esk way of surrounding himself with real talented musicians and song writers, using them, and then throwing them away afterwards. It just plain sucks. No loyalty, but we the fans are loyal to him... Bull$h!t.

ozzy is sharon's puppet!

ehamady6

Reaction score
This lineup doesn't grab me. The true test will be when they write new music.

markeod72

Reaction score
JESUS i would love to shove that keyboard down his throat it sounds freakin shitty...

Holy crap that was horrible. The keyboards really put it over the edge into a steaming pile. I am glad I am not the only one who that really bothered.

Jody

Reaction score

Ozzy has always had uber effects on his vocals.....Sounds like maybe a Harmonizer..
Remember in Black Sabbath he used 2 mics at the same time.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiShfBmb-oA]YouTube - Black Sabbath - N.I.B. 1970 (High Quality)[/ame]......
That video With Gus G wasnt a very good examlpe I think...Sure it sounded bad on ozzys part,But that may have been the monitor feed..I dont know..
As for Ozzy retireing 20 years ago,That may be true,,But people still pay big bucks to go see The Rolling Stones (for what reason I dont know)
It looks like Keith Richards died 20 years ago....:laugh2:
What kind of a show would it be if you went to an Ozzy concert and some new guy was playing Randy's, Jake's, and Zakks songs his own way....
Alot of us would say that it would be great,That he was doing his own thing....But you fail to realize that not everyone is a musician that goes to concerts,And they go to hear songs being played the way thier CD's sound....
Just my opinion.....:D
I also remember seeing GNR/Metallica live ........Lets just say that Id go see that Ozzy show( with the keyboards) 20 times more than the painful screech of one W.Axle Rose.....

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
I saw the Stones perform about 5 years ago, they still deliver. Ozzy no longer pulls it off. But you're right I suppose, people will still go see him. Hell, they'll be wheeling him out in a wheel chair and wiping drool off his face at 80 years old, but he'll have an awesome band and show and so people will come.

blakem

Reaction score
I just watched a few Gus G videos on you Tube... he is great!!!

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ozzy sounded horrible. When is Sharon going to show some mercy and put him in a home?

ehamady6

Reaction score
Ozzy's vocals may sound a little less double-tracked in this BATM video from the same show:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5plFBmzwyo]YouTube - Ozzy blizzcon 2009 Bark at the moon![/ame]

ehamady6

Reaction score
Tell me this isn't a DREAM COME TRUE!
I love the part at 2:57
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3yEGX1EoY0]YouTube - BLIZZCON 09' ** Ozzy ** Crazy Train ** Featuring 9 year old guitarist Yuto Miyazawa[/ame]

Latest Threads