Ozzy's 'new?' axeman plays, acts like Zakk + knockoff Lester!

WoodyTone

Reaction score

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
It is Gus. Great player but I see a lot of copin Zakk's style in that vid. Even does the 'guitar on the knee' thing at the same point in that song zakk used to do. I wonder how short of a leash Sharon has him on...

blakem

Reaction score
Gus is cool, but he will never be a Randy or a Jake E Lee, but it's cool Ozzy switches things up..Gus is a good addition to the history...and Gus can freakin ROCK!

porkchop87

Reaction score
So basically...

He kicks out Zakk because his music is starting to "sound like Black Label Society"
Then gets Gus that plays and sounds like Zakk
Which in turn sounds like Black Label Society...

Ozzy, I love ya but just retire man.

peter679

Reaction score
Wow...ozzy just doesn't sound good anymore... band sounds good, but Ozzy not so much..
Sad really...

porkchop you hit it man..

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
So basically...

He kicks out Zakk because his music is starting to "sound like Black Label Society"
Then gets Gus that plays and sounds like Zakk
Which in turn sounds like Black Label Society...

Ozzy, I love ya but just retire man.
Ozzy retired 20 years ago. What you see now is an old, burned out, and sedated puppet. If you look closely, you can see Sharon pulling the strings from backstage.

I'm a lifelong Sabbath and Ozzy fan, grew up on them in the 70's and 80's. However, its quite obvious Ozzy was never a great singer or front man. He is the product of excellent marketing and promotion, who has always been surrounded by the most awesome musicians.

SlaytanicDude

Reaction score
Ozzy will never be as good as his Randy days. I think Ozzy keeps on going through all these guitarists because he can't find the same chemistry he had with Randy.

roadsong66

Reaction score
So, the guy's playing an ESP .......who owns Edwards Guitars.........which I imagine says great things about the quality of ESP & Edwards.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Gus has a signature ESP that looks nothing like the Eclipse he's playing with Ozzy. So he has to play ESP as part of his endorsement, and I'm sure as mentioned already, he needs to fit the Zakk part, hence the ESP Eclipse that looks similar to a Les Paul.

firewind.jpg

lazz

Reaction score
JESUS i would love to shove that keyboard down his throat it sounds freakin shitty.Looks like a whole new band he's not just replaced zakk.

lazz

Reaction score
it's up to yooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu go fu**in crazy

lazz

Reaction score
Ozzy will be performing tomorrow, Saturday August 22nd at the Anaheim Convention Center as part of the closing ceremonies at BizzCon '09. However, Due to Zakk Wylde's current touring committments with Black Label Society and Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with Faith No More, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist, Gus G, and drummer, Tommy Clueftos for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members, Blasko (bass) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards). Ozzy loves the challenge of working with new musicians and is enjoying the sound and energy that this band has been producing in rehearsals this week

lazz

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Eb_J00v4g]YouTube - GUS G @ SOUNDCHECK IN JAPAN 2006[/ame]

WoodyTone

Reaction score
I am tempted...tempted...but I won't. The keyboard comment was funny!

ptgold

Reaction score
Wow...Ozzy is just ....painful to watch nowadays.

I disagree that his best days were with Randy. Jake E. Lee rocks! who doesnt love Bark at the Moon?

Zakk Wylde is great also but the last good album they put out together was No More Tears almost 20 years ago!

Latest Threads