Ozzy dropping Wylde

damndirtyape71

Reaction score
LOL It's like putting a Gnat up against a big old badass Bumbleebee...

John5's tone is so gnat-like and boring... I hear he's a nice kid and all, but man his playing does zero for me...

alpinestudio

Reaction score
Ozzy also indicated that he was auditioning a guitarist from Greece, but declined to give further details.

The only guitar player from Greece that I know of is Gus G of Firewind. Could that be him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonesy

Reaction score
Zakk comes from the rock n' roll dream. John5 comes from the rock n' roll career.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
Whoever the new guy (gal) is they will have some huge shoes to fill given the guitar legacy of Ozzies players.

Amen. I got a tip that Oz was holding rehearsals back when he replaced Jake, and could have gotten a slot. I didn't even go.

- D

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yea there was a Twitter to Jake from Ozzy's management.
I know Jake has a new album out but he isnt in a band
at the moment, and has kind of been working on a comeback
he looks great now, the last time i saw him in 07
i think he might be ready for something like that again.
It would be really cool. He is a real quite guy, and kind of
needs a push now and then to comit, i hope he takes it serious

Got the info from a close freind of his that used to play with him
and me

peter679

Reaction score
You know what bugs me the most about this, has nothing to do with Zakk not being in Ozzy's band, but it's how the Osbournes handled this..how unclass like is it that Zakk who's WAY TOO LOYAL to them gets emails and twitter posts asking if he's been booted. LOL, that would be like you son saying Dady why did they fire you, when you didn't even goto work yet!

The osbournes showed ZERO class in this situation, and no matter what you think of Zakk, the one thing you can say is He 100% backed ozzy! He even admited that it had nothing to do with money, he would play for $100 just because he knows who got him here. Ozzy! He's very loyal and loves Ozzy/Sharon..and now I don't know why. Hey Ozzy doesn't want Ozzy to sound like BLS fine, say something to Zakk don't be a weasel and let one of your most loyal players find out from fans! WTF does that say...

I hope to see Zakk @ HOB in Atlantic City August 2nd, and I wonder if he's going to say something..
I know BLS will have a new CD out soon, and 2010 is a BLS world tour...

S~D~M~F

The_Sentry

Reaction score
You know what bugs me the most about this, has nothing to do with Zakk not being in Ozzy's band, but it's how the Osbournes handled this..how unclass like is it that Zakk who's WAY TOO LOYAL to them gets emails and twitter posts asking if he's been booted. LOL, that would be like you son saying Dady why did they fire you, when you didn't even goto work yet!

The osbournes showed ZERO class in this situation, and no matter what you think of Zakk, the one thing you can say is He 100% backed ozzy! He even admited that it had nothing to do with money, he would play for $100 just because he knows who got him here. Ozzy! He's very loyal and loves Ozzy/Sharon..and now I don't know why. Hey Ozzy doesn't want Ozzy to sound like BLS fine, say something to Zakk don't be a weasel and let one of your most loyal players find out from fans! WTF does that say...

I hope to see Zakk @ HOB in Atlantic City August 2nd, and I wonder if he's going to say something..
I know BLS will have a new CD out soon, and 2010 is a BLS world tour...

S~D~M~F

Umm....We are talking about the Osbournes here. :laugh2:

I still think a split would be better for all parties. Loyalty's one thing...but methinks ZW should be doin' BLS full time...all the time.

I don't see how that band's ever gonna get over that hump (If it can) if he has to abandon the project for years on end while doing guitar work for Ozzy. Not to mention "what happens to the other folks" when he's MIA.

GreaseBox

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It had to happen sooner or later. Zakk will likely outlive Ozzy anyway.
I love Ozzy and all but good for Zakk.

I've got one thing to say: Pride & Glory reunion!!! :fingersx:

peter679

Reaction score
Umm....We are talking about the Osbournes here. :laugh2:

I still think a split would be better for all parties. Loyalty's one thing...but methinks ZW should be doin' BLS full time...all the time.

I don't see how that band's ever gonna get over that hump (If it can) if he has to abandon the project for years on end while doing guitar work for Ozzy. Not to mention "what happens to the other folks" when he's MIA.

I agree, I just thought Ozzy would show a bit more to Zakk than that..and if it's Sharon, the he needs to her to muff off! That was BS! Zakk's all about propin the boss ...

And I know Nick has a side project Speed X, and hell I even saw in an interview where the guys were cool with the time off they all have kids and such and want to spend time with them..
I would like to see Zakk put 100% into BLS...Love BLS! S~D~M~F! :)

P

alpinestudio

Reaction score
Yea there was a Twitter to Jake from Ozzy's management.
I know Jake has a new album out but he isnt in a band
at the moment, and has kind of been working on a comeback
he looks great now, the last time i saw him in 07
i think he might be ready for something like that again.
It would be really cool. He is a real quite guy, and kind of
needs a push now and then to comit, i hope he takes it serious

Got the info from a close freind of his that used to play with him
and me

That would be amazing. I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Ozzy got Jake back? I didn't even bother to mention it on here as I thought it would not happen, but I'm very glad there's a possibility that he would be back with Ozzy:dude:!

Mark H

Reaction score
I don't know J5, has some real heavy riffs to me? This clip (kinda crappy and ends early) even has some pinch harmonics, that I know everyone here loves!!!:dude: Ala Zakk. With heavy rhythm too, BUT almost a ripp-off on Jerry from We Die Young!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hloPWsnzSoo&feature=related]YouTube - john 5 - heretics fork[/ame]

Now hasn't Zakk been fired by Sharon before?
But like The Sentry said, maybe OZ should hang it up?

roadsong66

Reaction score
I say good for Zakk.....................who wants Sharon Osbourne as your boss when you are a rock star in your own right!

The_Sentry

Reaction score
(inserts BLS music.)

And yeah, I'd like to see him do some more of this kind of stuff...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1gkSjU2EPc]YouTube - The Blessed Hellride- Black Label Society[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a15Vwj4keI&feature=related]YouTube - Black Label Society Heart of Gold[/ame]

Latest Threads