OX Pickups Thoughts and Recommendation

R994

Reaction score
Dear All,

I would like know what you think about swapping pick ups on an R9. I am growing to love my 57 classic pick ups from 2001. But still ox seem tempting maybe i will try on another les paul first.

Regards,

M Adytta Amin

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
You can try them in one guitar but that still won't let you know what they will sound like in another guitar. Good luck whatever you do.

Last edited:

hamerfan

Reaction score
OX 4 come in most cases with an A4 mag. I have an underwound pair in my Les Paul.
A hair more bass, a bit clearer low mids and a tad more cut (high mids) and about the same amount of highs compared to your 57 Classics.

R994

Reaction score
OX 4 come in most cases with an A4 mag. I have an underwound pair in my Les Paul.
A hair more bass, a bit clearer low mids and a tad more cut (high mids) and about the same amount of highs compared to your 57 Classics.
Thanks I don’t think I am gonna change. These pickup is growing on me

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
Shortly after I bought what has become my #1 Les Paul, a ‘58 Reissue, I installed a set of OX4s mainly because the pickups it came with, albeit very good I have to admit, were wax potted, and they elevated that guitar from very good to great, so much so that after 6 years of playing it almost every day it could now pass for a real 50’s Les Paul, one of the very good ones.
I’ve also recently installed a set of OX4 Beano’s, with A3 magnets, on my Heritage H150: same thing, all the subtleties in both my playing and the guitar have now definitely come to the fore, and I couldn’t be happier ...

Latest Threads