OUTBACK Disturbance

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I get the whole special needs empathy but where do you draw the line. Is it ok to disturb people paying to have dinner in some measure of peace.
I say no. When me and my sisters were kids my parents would take us to dinner with the warning that if we didn't behave we would have to go sit in the car. I understand this kid can't help it but does that give the parents a right to disturb others?
What do you say?

No way - their date night is special but not more special than mine.

Outback isn’t cheap, so I’m not paying full price to have my good time ruined by anyone. I’m not eating at the outback as a charity.

Sucks for the parents and I feel for them but it’s not my fault their kid shouldnt be in a restaurant.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we also eject people that talk too loudly? Smell like smoke or perfume?
Fat people also make me nauseous and affect my dining experience. Can we eject them too?

What’s weird is that despite so many people who complain about children, no one opens restaurants (at least around here) that prohibit children under _____ expect for bars. You’d think one of you guys would want to corner that market and cash in.

Don’t wanna deal with people? Stay home. Having worked in retail for decades, I’d wager a good number of the people bitching in this thread are total cunts to deal with in a customer service setting. Probably have an “I want to speak to the manager” haircut too. :laugh2:
Just bring me my f*ckin' fries....bitch.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
How did the restaurant know the kid was "special needs?" Not like he was wearing a sign.

Facebook pictures of the kid...looks normal. https://www.facebook.com/ajbraun1

For all we know, the kid was running around, acting crazy and making strange noises. And someone else got tired of it and complained.

[Totally not being a dick - something out of the norm for me]

If you've raised a few critters, you can spot a special needs child from a mile away (at least I can). A four year old without age appropriate language and speech will stick out like a sore thumb. My middle daughter has been working with special needs kids since she was 14. We spend lots of time on the subject. It is funny, because you need the patience of Job to work with special needs kids and she has no patience for her mom or sister. However, she is great with these kids. I have suggested that she start a business specializing in babysitting special needs kids .

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Acting up in a restaurant ain't the half of it, apparently...

:laugh2:

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
By the way.... for all the snooty people who think Olive Garden isn’t “real Italian cooking”... screw you. I’ve been to some restaurants that were very highly regarded for their real Italian cuisine. The pasta almost always has a bunch of water in the bottom of the plate or bowl. It grosses me out. Do a better job than a five year old when it comes to rinsing the pasta.

And taste? I went to a so-called good Italian place for our anniversary recently. My wife got the lasagna. She loves good lasagna. Her review.... we could have gotten the same quality at an Olive Garden.

Maybe I shouldn’t be reviewing Italian food, though. I think tomatoes have no business being used as food.
You don’t rinse pasta. Unless you don’t like sauce sticking to it. :)

Death Incarnate

The Destructor
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

socialhero

Reaction score
Some of the replies made me question if I was really in an MLP Backstage thread.

This kid is a transam whose parents named him Firebert, right?

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I get the whole special needs empathy but where do you draw the line. Is it ok to disturb people paying to have dinner in some measure of peace.
I say no. When me and my sisters were kids my parents would take us to dinner with the warning that if we didn't behave we would have to go sit in the car. I understand this kid can't help it but does that give the parents a right to disturb others?
What do you say?

My thought is that there are certain levels of places that allow adults and mature children of a certain age a quiet place to relax.My mother had a stroke and still did very well until 20 years later her hearing went and she slipped to toddler age. It was heartbreaking and finally passed away from health heart and mental health reasons, it sucked not being able to go places without her making a scene-I have empathy for those caregivers and families but there needs to be some places for people to have some peace.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I disagree. Pasta with a tomato sauce is only so good. Beyond box pasta and Prego, the differences become minimal. Because.... how good can even the best pasta and tomato sauce really be?

It’s like the people who argue about “good” chili versus Burger King chili. It’s chili.... whatever.

But, I’d rather go to Golden Corral than Jean-Georges. And when I go to Outback, I never order steak.
It goes waaaaay beyond tomato sauce. And what kind? Marinara, Arrabiata, Bolognese?

James R

Reaction score
All it took was the LOOK with my daughter when we were out.
There is a time for playing around and a time to be well behaved.
She got it right about 80% of the time..
I remember ignoring the look once, from my dad, in a grocery store.
Notice I said “once”?
That day I learned that a swift backhand was about fifteen seconds behind the look, should I decide that I wanted it. :laugh2: