out of tune

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tuning smuning. Just because most love 440 does not make it right, many eat at McD's AND LIKE IT! I now have a second guitarist, I make sure one of us is "out" sounds way better, I like shifts and overtones. Hendrix and Neil are often "sour" always please my ears.

stringbender11

Reaction score
Tuning smuning. Just because most love 440 does not make it right, many eat at McD's AND LIKE IT! I now have a second guitarist, I make sure one of us is "out" sounds way better, I like shifts and overtones. Hendrix and Neil are often "sour" always please my ears.
I agree, 440 is a compromise itself. If it fits the vibe, going out of standard is ok with me..

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I agree, 440 is a compromise itself. If it fits the vibe, going out of standard is ok with me..
s, especially with two guitars- I want "separation" not one big Perfect E chord- I want a "normal E" and a "stoned 13 year old trying hard E" playing against each other.

TheX

just some do0d
Premium Member
Reaction score
So-damn-good!

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
and still better than most

That’s exactly what made music kick ass back then, they just played because they loved it, they cared about being out of tune but they still found a way to make it sound good

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
s, especially with two guitars- I want "separation" not one big Perfect E chord- I want a "normal E" and a "stoned 13 year old trying hard E" playing against each other.
This is exactly what makes a mini moog sound fat. You tune the oscillators slightly out of tune with each other.....YUUUUGE!

If you tune them perfectly it sounds puny.

defcrew

Reaction score
A few years back I was at a local gospel revue and this guy gets up w some el cheapo electric guitar and sort of tunes it by ear. It sounds juts god awful and I'm thinking, "This is gonna be painful to listen to." When the band got going and the singers cranked up it sounded incredible. Weirdest thing. I guess he was sort of bending the notes to make it work. They did a lot of that gospel thing where they just hand on the one or some chord before the turn around and wear it out. Builds incredible tension. If you've never seen old school black gospel esp w a male quartet do yourself a favor and check it out live. Badass. I talked to the guy after the show and was complimenting him on how good he sounded and was getting a little guitar geeky, I guess, and he said, "I'm just trying to bring people to Jesus.":laugh2:

Latest Threads