Our riding mower has fallen apart.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bling, what model Cub Cadet did he get? I'm a life long Cub Cadet fan, I have several that were built in the 1960s. My main use tractor, up until last year, (Due to shoulder injury I had to buy a newer tractor with hydraulic lift ) was a 1968 Cub Cadet model 125. I have a 1969 Cub Cadet model 125 that my parents bought new that I'm in process of refurbishing. My oldest is 1962 Cub Cadet "Original" that I refurbished. Photo below of it last summer doing a little landscaping with it.

View attachment 393706
That thing has mini tractor pull written all over it! :)

scott1970

Reaction score
The men who work for our parks and recreation have to mow ball fields and other grasses constantly, and they swear by Ferris and Grasshopper zero turn mowers.

My Pappy has had a Grasshopper commercial zero turn for years, and it is still going great after mowing countless yards.

I choose to push mow with a very basic mower for the exercise.

rcole_sooner

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Cub Cadet zero turn. But I'd look for a rear discharge model next time.

I needed a smaller 48" deck, so I could store it in the garage and still get all our vehicles in the garage.

20160721_162752.jpg

I see the pros using a lot Exmark and Hustlers, in our area.

Reactions: KTM

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bling, what model Cub Cadet did he get? I'm a life long Cub Cadet fan, I have several that were built in the 1960s. My main use tractor, up until last year, (Due to shoulder injury I had to buy a newer tractor with hydraulic lift ) was a 1968 Cub Cadet model 125. I have a 1969 Cub Cadet model 125 that my parents bought new that I'm in process of refurbishing. My oldest is 1962 Cub Cadet "Original" that I refurbished. Photo below of it last summer doing a little landscaping with it.

View attachment 393706
Not sure of the model. Nice tractor!

Reactions: KTM

Olds442

Reaction score
congrats bling! i was going to suggest a $500 craftsman rear bagger tractor of clist but you went big.

congrats! Cubs are beasts!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I'm old because, not only do I get excited about awesome mowers, but I also get excited about friends getting new awesome mowers.

Nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass and the peace of mowing while taking in a great album on headphones.

jkes01

Reaction score
Dad ended up getting a cub cadet. It's a tractor not a zero turn. I took it for a spin around the yard to figure out how everything works. A friend of the family went and got it for us. It's a NICE mower, waaaaaay better than our old one. (That said the one we had before lasted over 20 years) this cub is built like a tank, I'm impressed with it. I'll report back after the first mow (probably this sunday)
Nice man. I use my tractor to also pull a plug aerator and de-thatcher. Thinking of also getting a cart to make yard cleanup even easier.