Our cat is a bit messed up. -concerned.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
He headed to the water bowl, did his little chicken-scratch dance around it like he usually does, then dipped his head in for a brief moment. But didn't drink much. Also took a look in his food bowl. Anna has been making him drink via eyedropper, three times last night. He is moving around more, but does not want to be moved or picked up. He's still very much on trouble-watch. I'm not going to relax any until he's freely drinking on his own.
Good to hear Dave! If he isn't getting enough fluids soon maybe talk to the vet about getting subcutaneous fluid for him. Roxy's chicken broth sounds like a good idea. Hopefully soon he's drinking good and eating. Sometimes when they haven't had enough water or food for a while they just need to get enough in them for that, oh shit I'm hungry or thirsty response to kick in.

freak

Reaction score
Totally missed this thread, but dabbled around enough in it to see the cat should be ok......very glad to hear it Dave.
As an animal lover, i'm sensitive to other issues with their 'kids'.
Wishing nothing but the best for yours, and everyone else's.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's drinking on his own now.

last night I was up most of the night watching him.

He was going to the cat box like 4 times an hour, I guess trying to get whatever hell is inside him out of him.

He barfed on the carpet. Not a furball. Just barf. Orange-brown in color.

No blood in his urine or poop.

Now today, he's moseying to the water bowl often. Drinking all on his own, and he's moving around better.

He still folds his feet under him like a chicken and stares. Does not want to be moved or picked up.

We're pretty confident he will be rid of his demons in a day or so.

If he's not better tomorrow, we are going back to the vet. Maybe a blood work-up.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tonight's special menu:

Albacore tuna in spring water. -For Shadow.

Friggin' Mr Moonpie gets his friskies can pate mixed with kibble. As usual.

We doubt he will go after the tuna much. But the tuna juice.. That's what I want him to suck up.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
He's drinking on his own now.
You should invite him to the forum, he'll fit right in!
last night I was up most of the night watching him.
He was going to the cat box like 4 times an hour, I guess trying to get whatever hell is inside him out of him.
He barfed on the carpet. Not a furball. Just barf. Orange-brown in color.
No blood in his urine or poop.
Now today, he's moseying to the water bowl often. Drinking all on his own, and he's moving around better.
He still folds his feet under him like a chicken and stares. Does not want to be moved or picked up.
We're pretty confident he will be rid of his demons in a day or so.
Um.... about that "fit right in" part..... :D

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
And why do I have to lock my bedroom door at night to keep he freaking feline out of my room? And the worse part is I have to lock our four legged fart factory in with us or else she spends the night terrorizing a dog that is 10 times her size.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Calling a cat an asshole is redundant.

We wait to see what our cat’s dick move of the day will be. And she never disappoints.
Nemo... all white shorthair.... He would do shit and feign innocence.
He would jump up on the shower door, pull my bath towel off and drop it into the tub, then lay on it.
If one of us walked in on him, he would drop the towel, then pace back and forth on top of the door, acting like he has no idea how to get down.

He would dig a plastic grocery bag out of the garbage.
He would nose under the bag and hook his tail through the handles.
He would then scream while running through the house, until the rest of the cats were chasing him.

That little fucker was mean to the other cats.
I'd had enough. I sunk my teeth into the scruff of his neck, picked him up, and gently shook him while growling.

Didn't work.

He became more submissive to me than if he had hired a dominatrix.
He'd roll over onto his back when I approached.
But he was still mean to the other cats. All I did was establish him as #2.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nemo... all white shorthair.... He would do shit and feign innocence.
He would jump up on the shower door, pull my bath towel off and drop it into the tub, then lay on it.
If one of us walked in on him, he would drop the towel, then pace back and forth on top of the door, acting like he has no idea how to get down.

He would dig a plastic grocery bag out of the garbage.
He would nose under the bag and hook his tail through the handles.
He would then scream while running through the house, until the rest of the cats were chasing him.

That little fucker was mean to the other cats.
I'd had enough. I sunk my teeth into the scruff of his neck, picked him up, and gently shook him while growling.

Didn't work.

He became more submissive to me than if he had hired a dominatrix.
He'd roll over onto his back when I approached.
But he was still mean to the other cats. All I did was establish him as #2.
Cat doesn’t hide what she does but glories in it. I have a 60 pound dog that she stalks and chases around, but I think she’s in love with the big oaf. I also have an old 20 pound mutt that she doesn’t mess with, but nobody does that wants to live. The weirdest thing is she spends half her time acting like a dog. She is on the same schedule as the dogs, goes out in the morning to do her business with the dogs, eats with the dogs and sleeps during the day with the dogs. For a cat she likes being part of the pack.

Latest Threads