Ouch - Bad Fake on eBay

Prometheus

Reaction score
Glaring obvious for us nerds, yes

But srsly, I keep saying this, but for a regular Joe, I suspect it looks legit enough...

horns_up

Reaction score
I don't see much from those pics, or really know much about that particular model.

How is it an obvious fake?

Fritz44

Reaction score
I don't see much from those pics, or really know much about that particular model.

How is it an obvious fake?

Most obvious is the metric bridge, The vol and tone knobs are too far apart., Headstock is wrong stop bar is too far away from the bridge, the customshop logo is wrong.... this one is a terrible fake :)

horns_up

Reaction score
Most obvious is the metric bridge, The vol and tone knobs are too far apart., Headstock is wrong stop bar is too far away from the bridge, the customshop logo is wrong.... this one is a terrible fake :)

Thanks for elaborating....:)

Lightningflash

Reaction score

How can one tell a metric bridge from a standard one?

PixMix

Reaction score

All of that plus: look at the curve around the pick up selector. That's just the most obvious / visible feature of this particular type of fake. They cut their templates wrong.

Fritz44

Reaction score
Also the binding on the headstock doesn't even go all the way to the nut on the left side. I mean there are some pretty good fakes out there that even the experts might have trouble identifying...but this isn't one of them :laugh2:

Pappy58

Reaction score
Glaring obvious for us nerds, yes

But srsly, I keep saying this, but for a regular Joe, I suspect it looks legit enough...

Indeed they are getting close! :wow: and they like to fake the LPC's for some reason. They like the Bling I 'spose'!

xadamx

Reaction score
No fret nibs on this particular one would also be another easy thing to spot...

Latest Threads