"Other" DC Specials.

DADDEO

Reaction score
Tried a new DC Special last week and was instantly smitten. Running through a Blackstar HT5 MK 2 in 0.5 Watt mode was heavenly, but at nearly £900, it's well out of my price range and I'm not one to finance purchases unless absolutely necessary.
So does anyone know who else makes DC Specials that are more earth bound price wise. I've looked at Epiphone, nada, Vintage, nada, Tokai, nada, eBay, one at around £500, (2015 I think) & Thomann who only do a DC junior atm.
Don't mind second hand guitars at all, just need somewhere to look.

Cheers in advance,

Jim.

edselman

Reaction score
If your’e referring to the 2019 Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute the answer is no. I believe that Epiphone makes a single cut Junior and possibly a Special. I believe that the Epiphones have a bolt on neck. That would be the cheapest that are available. But, an Epiphone won’t compare favorably with the Gibson.

Norton

Reaction score
Tokai, Dillion, Eastwood and many others make double cut special vibe guitars.

Sharp

Reaction score
You can still get a DC faded for well under a grand in Canada. Maybe someone will ship. I love mine.

Neffco

Reaction score
Edwards.

gnappi

Reaction score
You can still get a DC faded for well under a grand in Canada. Maybe someone will ship. I love mine.
+1, I never felt the DC's were over priced, and even if a bit higher than knock off models certainly not enough to get a clone. IMO, since they're generally not "mainstream" with LP buyers, some pretty good deals are out there. Mine is a
pawn shop find that Gibson ran for a git chain in 2001.

gibson_lp_standard.jpg