Orville Trade?

Which one

• Total voters

HJR

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a chance to trade my EVH Wolfgang USA Hardtail with ebony fretboard that is in mint Condition for an Orville Koa Les Paul that looks equally mint with only one small ding. I’m torn: the Orville is so nice but the Wolfgang is so nice to play. I know this being a LP forum I am probably going to get a biased outcome but I trust the insights here. So it is poll time! Please give reasons, so it can help me make up my own mind.

Roxy13

Reaction score
That is a helluva Orville so that's a difficult one! Can you play the Orville first?

LocoTex

Reaction score
The Orville. I mean.....just look at it!

Ace Warslave

Reaction score
These orvilles are rare and quite hard to come by,

And they not cheap to buy so for me its easy orville all the way.

I have the walnut built version super light and nice to play..:applause:

Hogie34

Reaction score
An EVH Wolfgang USA for an Orville? That’s a no brainer. Keep the Wolfgang.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Clincher right there, the Orville may or may not be a great player, you'd kick yourself if you traded down.

HJR

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Definitely have given me a lot to think about.

therealfrogman

A fool and his money....
Premium Member
Reaction score
EVH has a completely different neck profile and I guess just a different guitar all together (I did own a MIC one) so other than the dollar value of either I would base my decision on what you want to get out of it. The EVH is a guitar design very different from LP's and or anything I can think of.

The MIA EVH is a beast in itself and prices will climb imho. I have owned an OBG that was okay, not great.

Reactions: HJR

Pooch

Reaction score
You’d really have to play the Orville to find out. Like has been mentioned, imagine finding out you and the Orville just don’t get along, and the EVH is gone forever. The novelty of the top on the Orville would soon go out of the window!

moreles

Reaction score
I own an (old) Orville and it is great. That said, I think it's Wolfie for sure. Orvilles are all over the map, from fotoflame to veneer to near-vintage-Gibson spec. Unless there's something special about the neck or tone on that one, it looks to me to be an good, ordinary guitar with a pretty veneer top. I would have no interest in it, particular since the Wolfgang is likely to play rings around it. So -- do you want to look at it or play it? (Actually, I like the looks of you Wolfgang more than the Orville anyway.) My own Orville is a solid wood FugiGen build the '57 dimensions, long tenon, etc., and that's a different story. I don't think this is that. I'd pass.

Latest Threads