Original Dallas Rangemaster, practically NIB! Serious history!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check this out! Unreal!

I'm not the seller or in anyway affiliated. I've just never seen one in such fantastic condition, with the original box and papers, as well. The original lead and plug. I think those are called "bantam" plugs. ...an alternate, but mostly compatible, design from the telephone and/or military specs, before the 1/4" TS audio plug was standardized.

Here, I'll save all the Negative Nancys the trouble and say it myself... "Why would you waste all that money when there are modern replicas that sound just as good?" Easier to just take the wind out of those snarky sails up front, I figure. If you can't appreciate it for being a piece of musical history or can't enjoy the photos of early music electronics because of some arbitrary price attached, you just won't understand.

Enjoy some ultra rare eye candy!

kungpow!

Reaction score
Wow!

Museum piece. Love when all paperwork is there too.

Such a simple looking circuit. But one that made history.

Yikes! That price is steep. Good luck, buddy!

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I friggin' LOVE treble boosters and do appreciat the history but, as a player (and, I spuppose, a Negative Nancy), I'll STILL take an Analogman clone that is nice and consistent every time over any other, vintage or clone. :)
I have a Sun Lion and love it!

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Sun Lion and love it!
I sort of have that but in separate pedals (Beano Boost and Sun Face). Still, I was eyeballing the Sun Lion VERY heavily. :)

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
I love the both together, the fuzz is amazing!

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll bet! You put a gain something-or-other or particularly a treble booster in front of a fuzz and the possibilities are pretty much endless. :thumb:

sonar

Reaction score
If you can't appreciate it for being a piece of musical history or can't enjoy the photos of early music electronics because of some arbitrary price attached, you just won't understand.

Enjoy some ultra rare eye candy!
This is the key statement. Appreciating a historical artifact is very different than putting velcro on it and slapping it on a pedalboard.

I love it when these pieces pop up. Helps connect the past with the present.