Original Collection GT P90's

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Absolutely agree!! Budget allowing, that's gotta be my next guitar.
In fact, I'm still thinking of selling the '14 premium quilt Standard to fund this...

:hmm:

Niloy63

Reaction score
:applause: Hell yea! Badass guitar! Those Gold Tops keep growing on me on an exponential level. Congrats and HNGD friend!!

Frozen Rat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Your guitar looks very nice. I'm seriously considering one of these instead of a R6. Wish I could make up my mind one way or the other. I haven't found one of the 2019 50s P90s to play in person though, and that's annoying. I have owned three R6s in the past and know what I'd get there. How do you think they stack up given that you actually have one?

tonedr

Reaction score
Your guitar looks very nice. I'm seriously considering one of these instead of a R6. Wish I could make up my mind one way or the other. I haven't found one of the 2019 50s P90s to play in person though, and that's annoying. I have owned three R6s in the past and know what I'd get there. How do you think they stack up given that you actually have one?
i had an R6 & R7 in the early 2000's. I liked them but the necks on those at that time, or at least the ones i had, were pretty hefty. In time they both found new homes and i've always wanted another GT.

Of the Original Series, which i've already said i think is a great move for Gibson, the gold tops are the most appealing for me because the grade of maple isn't in play. I'm not sure what i would have gained by buying another R6 other than some snob rights and maybe a bit lighter guitar, or a little different color of gold. For a guitar at nearly half the price i'm very happy. Mine, like all of them of course, has been pleked and the feel right out of the box is just as i would hope for. The work is clean - it does have a two piece back although i'm not they all do, either way it doesn't bother me at the price point, under 2K.

hope this helps some of if you make a decision either way i'd love to see you new GT!

thxphotog

Reaction score
Gold top les Paul’s are the most beautiful piece of musical art on the planet...and it’s not even close imho

congrats and welcome to the gold club

-Chris
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE gold tops. Agree they are stunning! That said, I prefer a good burst as art because each one is so drastically unique, where gold tops (and I love them!!!) are 'same-ie'. Beautifully same-ie, but still..... :)

Congrats on the new guitar! Awesome!

thxphotog

Reaction score
2019 Original Collection P90 GT...purchased and shipped for under 2K..clean with no issues, pleked, 59ish neck, 9.5lbs and most of all sounds terrific. I'm call this series a big win for Gibson.

That is one perfect picture! A wall-hanger!