Original Burst 1959 Les Paul Standard - New ‘Jimmy Plays’ Video

jimmyguitar

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Very positive comments, I’m energised! More just posted including John Entwistle’s Gretsch 6120 from 1959!

Mike J.

Reaction score
I’d say my 1958 True Historic doesn’t sound less impressing. Nice song though, reminded me of Gary Moore in a way...

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Great vocals, great song. For some reason the vintage visual qualities very much presented themselves in the video (guitar). Although I do feel Gibson is producing great units as of late what is presented in this video has yet to be reproduced.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had the absolute dream come true of being lent an original burst for a video shoot with my band! It was a fantastic experience and it gave me great insight into these amazing guitars. Thought I’d share on here, comments most welcome! Thanks guys!
I smiled through the whole video I am not a great guitar player but play everyday and have my own beautiful LP to teach me/ but to just noodle on a 1952-60 LP would be a dream come true The 1959s especially have such a tone and look so fun to play im very happy for you.:acoustic:

jimmyguitar

Reaction score
I smiled through the whole video I am not a great guitar player but play everyday and have my own beautiful LP to teach me/ but to just noodle on a 1952-60 LP would be a dream come true The 1959s especially have such a tone and look so fun to play im very happy for you.:acoustic:
Thanks very much, it was such a cool experience as I didn’t think i’d ever play one. Wish i’d used the toggle switch to show off the guitar more now but it just sounded so good in the room I didn’t think to mess around! It’s quite a lot to sing and play that song in one take completely live with a camera pointed at you!

StudioFan

Reaction score
It’s the one listed here: http://www.guitaravenue.com/gibson.htm

Not ‘Still Got The Blues’, it’s ‘It’s Not The Blues’ by me... never actually listened to Gary Moore believe it or not! More into Peter Green, BB, Albert and Clapton...
Ok so it’s a 59 supposedly, One owner .
No real info on the guitar there and one bad picture .
:dunno:

I know what you titled the song and it is really good .
“I’ve still got the blues , .....for you” is very close to
“It’s not the blues, .....it’s you”, right ?

You sound like Gary when you sing and play a couple of really close blues licks.
I can’t believe you have not listened to Gary Moore.
You may be related .

Ah yes the greats , I have seen BB live but none of the others .

bierce85

Reaction score
Fantastic man.. your voice reminds me a bit of Steve Winwood. You've got just the right amount of affectation, without going into "voice actor" territory like so many singers do.

The guitar tone is top notch. I was surprised to see the toggle in the middle because the tone sounded all neck to me.

frehley2112

Reaction score
Awesome song, playing, singing, sound... Everything. Congratulations.

Birdseyeview

Reaction score
I really like your vocals, a great singing voice! I have heard nothing but good things about the 1959 LP Standard; similar to the 2015 model year I suppose.:dunno: