Ordered the Junior

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm waiting for the order confirmation but I bit the bullet and bought a new Junior today. Been threatening to for over a year now. And yea I did the interest free thing and pay monthly. Not biting into my social security check too hard :)
Will post some pics when it arrives.

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
Awesome. Which one? I did the worn brown single p90. Threw on some point and black/silver reflectors. My most played guitar now.

I got a 50s Standard Tobacco burst about 3 weeks prior to that. Honestly, had I gotten the Junior first, the Standard May not have happened at all.

Did use the spare blank TRC from the standard though.

59D7D867-8EEA-4682-9012-68CEC7824826.jpeg

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Which one? I did the worn brown single p90. Threw on some point and black/silver reflectors. My most played guitar now.

I got a 50s Standard Tobacco burst about 3 weeks prior to that. Honestly, had I gotten the Junior first, the Standard May not have happened at all.

Did use the spare blank TRC from the standard though.

View attachment 482260
I got the single cut tobacco burst. I like that one you got though

Imperial

Reaction score
Nice choice. I got mine a few weeks ago that I had to order online because they weren’t available anywhere locally. I was a bit skeptical for the neck because I usually play a bit slimmer necks like the slim taper. And while the 50’s vintage neck is pretty chunky, I was really surprised how comfortable and easy it is to play. And the guitar fit and finish was totally flawless, fretboard edges were rolled too.

To make it look a bit more like a proper ‘57 I got a one-ply truss rod cover, three-ply jack plate and gold bell knobs with pointers. Now it’s perfect.

bpolo

Reaction score
Okay so I'm waiting for the order confirmation but I bit the bullet and bought a new Junior today. Been threatening to for over a year now. And yea I did the interest free thing and pay monthly. Not biting into my social security check too hard :)
Will post some pics when it arrives.
Congrats!!! If you like Juniors You’re gonna absolutely love it!!! I’m thrilled with mine. Worth every penny! Was skeptical before ordering, because of all the duds I’ve bought from Gibson the last 10 years, but with Gibson finally going back to basics, this new Junior is a winner.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! If you like Juniors You’re gonna absolutely love it!!! I’m thrilled with mine. Worth every penny! Was skeptical before ordering, because of all the duds I’ve bought from Gibson the last 10 years, but with Gibson finally going back to basics, this new Junior is a winner.
appreciate the feedback on this. UPS says it will be here Monday. Can't wait. Yes I have really liked the couple of juniors I spent some time with.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Son of a gun. Tracking shows the guitar at the UPS terminal 3 miles from my house to sit there until Monday delivery.......SHIT!!!!!

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
But I do have a question for the newer Junior owners? How hot are those dogear pups? I did measure the P90's in my 56 reissue which is a 2009 model and both neck and bridge pup measure around 7.8k

bpolo

Reaction score
Son of a gun. Tracking shows the guitar at the UPS terminal 3 miles from my house to sit there until Monday delivery.......SHIT!!!!!
Call them or go by. They may let you pick it up. I’ve picked up plenty of packages that way. You just show ID. It probably hasn’t even been loaded on the truck for local delivery yet

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Call them or go by. They may let you pick it up. I’ve picked up plenty of packages that way. You just show ID. It probably hasn’t even been loaded on the truck for local delivery yet
Yea i did go by there. Driver outside said no one was in the terminal today. Small town woes i suppose.

Imperial

Reaction score
But I do have a question for the newer Junior owners? How hot are those dogear pups? I did measure the P90's in my 56 reissue which is a 2009 model and both neck and bridge pup measure around 7.8k
My 2020 Junior measures 8.0k.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright it is here. Will do an NGD later after I snap a few pictures. Been inspecting and playing for a while.
First impressions
Neck is substantial. Very similar to the neck on my 56 reissue. Maybe just a little fuller in the upper register. It is comfy.
Finish is good, Fretboard is not dark but does have some dark streaking. It will be fine.
Intonation is close enough for rock and roll
Action a little on the high side. I did lower that but the rest I'll just let go until it settles in.
Sounds amazing. Nice throaty P90 growl and cleans up nicely. Got that midrange growl that I just don't hear on the carved top guitars. Maybe that's just me.
Pickup measures 8.09.
I am not crazy about the pots. Taper is ok on the volume but kinda iffy for me on the tone. Gonna run with them awhile though and the knobs kinda suck but that is just a cosmetic thing.
All in all I am happy.

Latest Threads