Order the Kemper Stage Profiler?

NeubyWanKaneuby

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the FM3 myself. Haven't tried anything Kemper yet, as I've been more than happy with Fractal.

I am curious about the Helix though, especially after hearing the Revv model from the 2.8 update.

KenG

Reaction score
I would wait for some reviews. Sure the profiling will be a no-brainer but how easy will jt be to program and use?

tzd

Reaction score
Jesus, I'm freakin out :laugh2:

That bad boy into my 2x12 via the Unleash...

Thanks to OP, I'm having a TERRIBLE gas attack!!!
Does the Unleash act as a power amp? I don't think the Stage has power amp built in.

joesatch

Reaction score
I've had the Kemper toaster the amp profiles were stellar the effects not so much. It does take a minute to boot up . Been using fractal mostly and i'm very pleased. I sold my Ax8 to fund the FM3 purchase but now this kemper has come along. Tried Helix and couldnt get a great tone out of it, sold it

Reactions: tzd

NotScott

Reaction score
The only reason I have been gigging a Kemper for almost two years now is because it's amp simulations sound and feel better than anything else out there. If you are gigging and realistic amplifier tones in a floor format are what you want, this is a no-brainer.

dspelman

Reaction score
That bad boy into my 2x12 via the Unleash...
I'm running the Helix, but into a 1500W stereo power amp (weighs 9 lbs) and from there into a fEARless F112 (single 12"LF driver, 5" mids, 1" tweeter, weighs 34 lbs, about 16" x 20" x 16.5"). The power amp puts out about 800W, bridged, mono, into 8 ohms and the cabinet will handle 800-900W.

Amplifier tones are just fine.

matthew bear

Reaction score
I'm running the Helix, but into a 1500W stereo power amp (weighs 9 lbs) and from there into a fEARless F112 (single 12"LF driver, 5" mids, 1" tweeter, weighs 34 lbs, about 16" x 20" x 16.5"). The power amp puts out about 800W, bridged, mono, into 8 ohms and the cabinet will handle 800-900W.

Amplifier tones are just fine.
I do like the Helix for some stuff, the tweed models are pretty badass. There's some things the Kemper just does better, amp wise. Helix destroys it in the effect department IMO. If the Kemper was in this format to begin with, I probably wouldn't have tried the helix in the first place :dunno:

dspelman

Reaction score
I don't think it's just the format.

The Helix ground unit broke new ground in ergonomics and routing. I went with the Helix and not the Helix LT because the switching, scribble strips and the extended I/O not only elevated it beyond other floor units available at the time, but also because the routing of everything was not only smart, but easy. It was supported very well on a computer, and editing there is pretty darned easy.

My Axe (the Ultra) is familiar to me now, but most Fractal products are heavy on features but difficult to navigate. High on engineering and low on usability. It's not for nothing that most people use only a percent or two of the capabilities of these units.

The cast-metal Helix is also tougher than most floor units, especially those that are folded metal. There are four FX loops (that can be dropped in anywhere in the routing), two extra dedicated expression pedal inputs, remote amp switching built into the unit and (for me, one of the most important), Variax support. Since I use Variax guitars (JTV-89F and others), the unit powers the guitars, allows me to change guitar model, alternate tuning, amps, cabs, FX with a single stomp, and the unit also allows me to assign FX parameters (and whole rig parameters) to the controls on the Variax. I thought that was just an interesting gimmick until I began to use it.

The Kemper has been a great unit all along, and it's good to see it reborn as a floor unit. It remains to be seen if it will be a *great* floor unit, however.

alstev

Reaction score
If you buy a Stage from British Audio you get a Tonejunkie everything pack for free. That's like 2,000 profiles Tonejunkie profiles are killer too..

murmel

Reaction score
I have bought one in the first week when it became available. I have a lot of great tube Amps, but I can’t really use them, as I moved back in the city last year. The Kemper is totally in a different league than my old modelers (I have pod x3, gt 10)., but that’s nothing really surprising. I have participated in a comparison workshop between the Helix, the Axe FX and the Kemper. All three are in a different league than my old modelers. All three have strengths and weaknesses, I finally went for the Kemper because several artists that I personally know an respect went the Kemper route, and are very happy with it. I need to spend more time with it, but currently I’m pretty happy myself. I’m more an Amp guy than an effects junkie, so that’s were my focus is.

fleahead

Reaction score
If you buy a Stage from British Audio you get a Tonejunkie everything pack for free. That's like 2,000 profiles Tonejunkie profiles are killer too..
In Nashville? I worked with the owners back when we were all Gibson. They are two of the most cool, knowledgable guys I know.