Orange Two Stroke & Orange Amps?

Classicplayer

Reaction score
I'm contemplating getting this pedal which is based on parameters of a parametric e.q.
pedal; supposedly similar in nature to a recording studio board e.q. I use an Orange Dark Terror and
none of the OD pedals I look at seem to “enhance” the Terror's gain. I would prefer adjusting the “shape” of the amp's frequency curve even more than what Orange’s shape knob provides. Anyone successfully at utilizing a Two Stroke with their Orange amp?

classicplayer

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Well! Here goes. I put an order in yesterday for the Orange Two Stroke. Should have it mid-week this coming week. Still no one here using that pedal?

Classicplayer

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Just my update: I tried out the Orange Two Stroke Boost/EQ parametric last evening and while most reviews are favorable to this pedal, users seem a bit perplexed as to what it can do for them that a regular graphic would do and be easier to find their tone. I sent it back and will wait on any further e.q. purchases. Mi think my Danelectro 6-band would work fine for my needs. I could not seem find anything on this pedal that improves my tone.

Classicplayer

Classicplayer

Reaction score
If you want to try a solid clean boost pedal, for cheap, you could look into an EHX Soul Food.
You mentioned this to me sometime before. I'm not exactly sure that I need a clean boost because (first) I set my Dark Terror for crunch using my Les Paul neck pup near 10; rolling back gives me a tad more “clean”. My bridge pup it tweaked enough so that most all of my dirt tones come from it as well as my middle position.....we are talking no more dirt than what you hear from Page's tone with Zeppelin. I thought the Two Stroke would enhance the bridge pup a bit more, but it's drawback (as a few reviewers have mentioned) is the correct e.q. Tweaks for their bridge pup do not necessarily translate to their neck pup. Those players seem to think more highly of their graphic e.q. Choices.

Classicplayer

Latest Threads