Orange Tiny Terror vs Marshall Haze 15

Mike-t

Reaction score
Don't you really have to be a better player when you get an amp like this, since it can catch all your mistakes? It can also sound better if your a good player, but I think it can sound bad as well if your worse?

I guess that maybe true but its still sounds great and like blamo said, you just try a little harder.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I went and played the TT today at Firehouse. I kicked it around for a bit and I like it, but I think I like my Handsome Devil better. I like the gain better on the TT, but I like the clean better on my HD as well as having a Trebel/Mid/Bass and Presence. I am going to fix my gain though with a couple small mods according to 2 people here at MLP, that told me what to do in 1 or 2 ways.

krabby5

Reaction score
Yep, I can crank it up to about half volume at home and it is a great wonderful thing, where these low watt tube amps start to really shine. It is also really nice to use the 7w switch setting, to jam it out at lower volumes. I imagine that a nice 103db speaker would be a lot louder, since I think my Blackheart is a 99db rated speaker, and the speaker upgrade is something I am might do at a future date if it really needs it for gigging.

Although... I played a Tweaker 15w head through the Egnater Tourmaster 2x12 cabinet. This combination is super loud at half volume and it is tight and beautiful sounding. It was definately louder than my Blackheart, which probably has a lot to do with the Egnater Celestion Elite-80 speakers that come in that cabinet.

wow...When I had that TT, I didn't even get up to half volume when practicing with a band...that thing is LOUD...but awesome

alexb17

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I Put a 12au7 in mine at one point. It lowered the volume and the gain and it was prefect or me. I had t0 12au7 in there before that. I made it more of a vox. cool but just not the same amp any more. There's a lot of cool (very different) tones you can get out of this amp just by changing tubes.

vivanchenko

Reaction score
Haze 15 is amazing. One of the best, V6V, cleans among Marshalls. Great overdrive - dark and meaty. Many people prefer it over the thin fizzle of modern sounding small amps. Some like it to sound dark and some prefer it bright. I matter of taste. "Solid state" or "digital" sounding tube amp? The Haze??? Those were some of the dumbest comments on this forum ever.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Haze 15 is amazing. One of the best, V6V, cleans among Marshalls. Great overdrive - dark and meaty. Many people prefer it over the thin fizzle of modern sounding small amps. Some like it to sound dark and some prefer it bright. I matter of taste. "Solid state" or "digital" sounding tube amp? The Haze??? Those were some of the dumbest comments on this forum ever.
??? umm... ???

Iron Broadsword

Reaction score
Both are great amps, so really it'll boil down to your preference but I do want to say that the class 5 (5 watts) is enough for most small venues so 15 watts might be too powerful if you're looking for power tube saturation. So if you're gonna go with a 15, then you might want to invest in an attenuator to really nail the tones you're after. You can always use pedals in front as well, and we all know there ain't nothing wrong with that. S'pecially when you're going through a tubed head!

Latest Threads