Orange Tiny Terror vs Marshall Haze 15

copperheadroad

Reaction score
hey man i owned the combo version of both of those amps. I still have the orange sold the marshall. here is a demo I did of both amps.

Demo or Marshall Haze and Orange Tiny Terror Combo Amps - YouTube

there are a lot of other cool amps in this price range to that are worth looking at but since you asked about those two....

Just so you know i changed the speaker in both of these amps at the time of the vid. the one in the orange combo was nice but i wanted a different flavor and changed it to a WGS green back clone. The one in the haze was crap. I think I put a veteran 30 in there. I also have a bunch of other vids of these amps on my channel. (studio quality micing. no camera mics)

Pretty nice tone with the tiny terror
& nice n warm TONE when he first starts playing the TT Plus it does higher gain tone great as well ........wow
& we still keep hearing about this "one trick poney" :hmm:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Pretty nice tone with the tiny terror
& nice n warm TONE when he first starts playing the TT Plus it does higher gain tone great as well ........wow
& we still keep hearing about this "one trick poney" :hmm:
Yes, the TT only has 1 tone adjustment which is just 1 trick to change the tone of the amp. My Blackheart has a Bass/Middle/Trebel/Presence to change the tone of the amp, which gives you a lot of choices to find your tone. If you like the base tone of the TT, then your good to go because once we find that tone were looking for, then we stay pretty close to it. If you doing cover band stuff, then your limited and really need an EQ which helps some, but also takes a little bit away from the amp as well.

The Orange TT is a great amp and has a great tone with a nice speaker matching it, but it just has the 1 tone knob to find the tone your looking for from the amp. Yes, you have tone knobs on your guitar, but in some cases like the EVH guitars there is just a volume. I am referring the 1 trick to changing tone on the amp.

alexb17

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
the tone knob is very usable though. It does what it says on the tin. There are a ton of classic vintage amps that sound amazing with just a tone knob or no EQ circuit at all. If you need more control, get an EQ pedal. I tried mine with it and in the end, i liked the eq pedal off better than then on. It has a very cool, unique voicing. It's not marshall and it's not fender. I think that's why a lot of people buy them.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
the tone knob is very usable though. It does what it says on the tin. There are a ton of classic vintage amps that sound amazing with just a tone knob or no EQ circuit at all. If you need more control, get an EQ pedal. I tried mine with it and in the end, i liked the eq pedal off better than then on. It has a very cool, unique voicing. It's not marshall and it's not fender. I think that's why a lot of people buy them.
You are right there, Orange is not a Marshall and not a Fender tone, it is an Orange tone. The Tone knob on the Orange is kind of like the ISF on the Blackstar, it gives you a very different tone from end to the other. But, comparing an Orange Tiny Terror to a Marshall Haze 15 and trying to decide which one, that is tough. You don't get a Marshall kind of tone at all on the Orange, and the Marshall Haze is not really a good Marshall amp in my perspective. I like the Class 5 more than the Haze, which is kind of why you wish they would make a Class 15 with a 12" speaker which would be better than the Haze IMO. It comes down to liking the Orange tone to begin with. I thought the TT was good, I just wish it had a little more clean headroom is all otherwise it would be a great choice for me, besides the high price tag, but tone wise I do like the Orange, it does sound really good.

blamo

Reaction score
We had it up to 8 and he lives in the middle of the woods. All I was saying is that I'm used to being around amps that have a lot more power than what I'm looking for.

Do you live int he middle of the woods?

I live in the sub burbs and my AC15 can be heard 5 houses down at half cranked... my neighbors would not be happy listening to that every day. I'm sure my poor playing does not help.

I can play my AC15 comfortably at about 10:00 without worrying about being too loud and obnoxious. But, that's just me trying to be a good neighbor.

I wouldn't be afraid to play the TT on 7 watts at higher volumes.

alexb17

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
You are right there, Orange is not a Marshall and not a Fender tone, it is an Orange tone. The Tone knob on the Orange is kind of like the ISF on the Blackstar, it gives you a very different tone from end to the other. But, comparing an Orange Tiny Terror to a Marshall Haze 15 and trying to decide which one, that is tough. You don't get a Marshall kind of tone at all on the Orange, and the Marshall Haze is not really a good Marshall amp in my perspective. I like the Class 5 more than the Haze, which is kind of why you wish they would make a Class 15 with a 12" speaker which would be better than the Haze IMO. It comes down to liking the Orange tone to begin with. I thought the TT was good, I just wish it had a little more clean headroom is all otherwise it would be a great choice for me, besides the high price tag, but tone wise I do like the Orange, it does sound really good.

between the haze and the terror, I would definatly take the terror. Which i did do. I sold the haze 40. (which was an over priced amp and only sounded decent with a new speaker. I kept The orange. (which sounded great right out of the box)

I think both amps don't sound like a marshall (like you said) despite one of them being a marshall. the haze doesnt have that marshall bite. It's very mushy unless you dime the treble and presence. then the clean channel sounds sooooooo bad! Thin and harsh like getting stabbed in the ear! IDK I think the OP really just has to play some amps. It's hard sitting here trying to explain. He may love the haze.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Stabbed in the ear... I like that. I mean I wouldn't want that of course, but it is still funny. Yea, I would definately take the TT over the Haze 15/or 40 if you have the money for the TT Head/Cab. And if you don't have the money for the TT, find something other than the Haze.

I may go to Firehouse Music today and play a TT for a bit, now that I am appreciating tube amps a lot more than 4-6 months ago. 8 months ago I wanted versitility, now I am starting to really steer towards a better overall tone.

Mike-t

Reaction score
The Tiny Terror is a great little amp.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Hey guys, after doing a lot of research on low wattage tube amps for the past few months I have narrowed my options down to two amps. The first option is an Orange Tiny Terror paired with an Orange PPC112 cab and the second option is a Marshall Haze 15 head paired with the Marshall Haze Slant cab. The Orange cab has a Celestion Vintage 30 and the Marshall cab has a Celestion G12-66. Both are very close in price and sound awesome from what I can hear in online reviews. The main problem is that there are no guitar shops within two hours from me that carry Orange amps so it would be hard to compare them myself. Let me know if you have any opinions. Thanks!
Sorry for pussy footing around your main question. I would defintely take the TT over the Haze 15 for you main question of this thread.

You got a lot more information than you bargined for, but these are our thoughts and your ears may hear something completely different than ours.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

P.S. I had to work on a few things longer than expected and just am not going to get over to Firehouse Music and try the TT again. Maybe tomorrow.

jcas367

Reaction score
Sorry for pussy footing around your main question. I would defintely take the TT over the Haze 15 for you main question of this thread.

You got a lot more information than you bargined for, but these are our thoughts and your ears may hear something completely different than ours.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

P.S. I had to work on a few things longer than expected and just am not going to get over to Firehouse Music and try the TT again. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for staying on topic! :thumb: I've been very back and forth on the decision but I think I've made my final one and it will be to go with the Orange TT. Thanks for the help everyone!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thanks for staying on topic! :thumb: I've been very back and forth on the decision but I think I've made my final one and it will be to go with the Orange TT. Thanks for the help everyone!
Awesome, I can't wait to hear how you like it as well as see some pics of your setup and hear some sound clips. :thumb:

DaveGH

Reaction score
I have the TT combo and it is a killer amp!! Great tones all day long with good humbuckers. When we have a little jam session its plenty loud too.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yes it does, it has volume and gain controls.
Yep, I see that it does, it had been a while since I played one. You would think it would have a little more clean headroom, but it does have a nicer gain that a lot of 15w amps.

Mike-t

Reaction score
For anyone that really likes their TT, try a Phaez Daisycutter, it has a similiar tone overall but it is much more articulate and touch sensitive.

alexb17

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
i actually just 5 minutes ago posted my tiny terror combo on ebay. It's a common ocourance with me. buy an amp, enjoy it for a year or so then look for another. I'm thinking a phaez daisycutter or a cornell plexi 7. I already own a phaez sibly and ordered a a phaez JTM 5 the other day. Not a reflection on the orange. still love it but.... you know how it is!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
For anyone that really likes their TT, try a Phaez Daisycutter, it has a similiar tone overall but it is much more articulate and touch sensitive.
Don't you really have to be a better player when you get an amp like this, since it can catch all your mistakes? It can also sound better if your a good player, but I think it can sound bad as well if your worse?

blamo

Reaction score
Don't you really have to be a better player when you get an amp like this, since it can catch all your mistakes? It can also sound better if your a good player, but I think it can sound bad as well if your worse?

It will just make you try harder and not make mistakes ;)

Latest Threads