Orange TH100 or Orange TH30

Viduc

Reaction score
Hello mylespaul forum :)
I have a big dilemma on my hands. I have been looking for a good Head+cabinet for some time now. I really like Marshall amps but also give a shot of looking for somethinf different. After some research i found two heads. An Orange TH100 and Orange TH30.

So here's my dilemma. The clean tone on both amps is really awesome, and the distordion also. From rock'n'roll to hard rock, to really heavy metal(maybe even John Petrucci :)) The 30w amp can go from 30 to 15 and 7w and the TH100 can go from 100, 70, 50 and 35, both have FX loop, optional foot switch.

But i can't decide which one to buy, should i go for the TH30(which I heard is loud as **** for a 30watt amp) or the TH100(which is simply awesome, but am not shure how much the lover watts are quiter)

This amp is not going to be for my bedroom but for playing with my band, and on big stages and also clubs, pubc etc.
My styles go from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Whitesnake, Guns'n'Roses, AC/DC, some Slovenian bands, Black Sabbath, a little Dream Theater.

So please help me decide on which ORANGE amp should I get.
TH100 or TH30 :)

Thanks for helping :dude:

thexmadxtopxhatter

Reaction score
I use my th 30 for a lot of dream theater stuff and it really works fantastic. Its got headroom but you can drive the clean channel pretty easily if you need the classic rock crunch. Yeah the amp is loud as **** especially on the clean channel. Running it 30 watts should be enough to handle any stage environment. To me the 100 watt version would just be overkill. It would be very hard to really push the amp in a live setting especially on the clean channel. I'd say the 30 watter

Latest Threads