Orange Single Channel AD30 ??

DaxSaturday

Reaction score
I have my Fender HRDx and Peavey Classic 30 on Craigslist for trade.

The guy sent me an email with an Orange AD30 single channel head.

I can't find too much about this head on the net.

He wants either the HRDx plus some cash. or both amps for the head.

I play somewhat of a mellower style hard rock. 70s Rock with some Indie style cleans.
I also use a few pedals as well.

How would this Head be with my marshall 2x12 with Celestion g12t-75s??

I play a Gibson SG, and use a Vintage time Machine, Jimi Hendrix Wah, And a Boss Ds2..

I know the Orange is probably worth more than the Fender and the Peavey.
But i'm not really looking at it money wise.. Just tone wise.

plus I don't think the Orange has an effects loop.

Dark Helmet

Reaction score
hmmmmmm.... I didn't think they made the AD30R as a head, just a combo, which would mean that thing is..... I dunno....

and I'm an Orange nerd.... (have 3)

either way, it's voicing should be pretty good for your style, but Oranges and G12Ts are a notoriously BAD pairing. V30s or G12Hs seem to be the prefered Celestions.

I have V30s in my AD30TC and V30s/G12Hs split in the cab for my Thunderverb.

oh, and I don't think any of the AD30s have effects loops, but I run stuff in front of mine and its just fine.

JMV

Reaction score
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat! Those heads are not easy to find and are pretty darn desirable. No effects loop as you imagined, but IMO not needed.

Do it! And post pics!

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
If the AD30 is in functionally/cosmetically good condition, I'd definately do that trade. I'm a little suspicious, so you should make sure the head isn't broken or malfunctioning or anything shady. Jimmy Page uses the single channel AD30 head if that's any indication of its sound.

Orange cabs from the 90's reissues used G12T-75's so it should work great. Oranges are dark and mid heavy to begin with so it should be a good match. If you don't like it, you can always change speakers later. But see how you like them first.

Bonehead

Reaction score
AD30s rule. I had one for a couple years, but now I have a Rocker 30. Happy as I am with the Rocker, I really miss the AD30, it is one of THE purest sounding amps I know of. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to get another.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Absolutely do it. I love my AD30. And my delay sounds really great up front, don't really miss an effects loop. As stated by Bonehead, it is such a pure sounding amp. Heaven for me.

417469_10150542006686353_721206352_9172089_1108237565_n.jpg

Latest Threads