Orange OR-15

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Next time we'll have to run them both through both cabs, and the differences will really be obvious!
That amp is so great. I keep figuring myself for a country boy....
My taste in gear doesn't always support that!! :D
(I don't even have/want a Tele!! :wow:

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great, I am supposed to go to the music store tomorrow to buy this little Orange OR15 amp that's on sale and the weather is going to be stupid cold. -15F with a wind chill of -35F ....yes -35F That's enough to freeze skin in about 10 minutes. I hate going out when it's this cold. My car hates it too....haha. It makes this moaning sound when I start it.

It's like someone doesn't want me to own this amp. Oh well, maybe it will stop others from going so they won't be sold out.

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
I owned one (OR-15) and agree with your assessment. I sold mine and bought a 65 Princeton reverb ri but only because I wanted more cleans. I wish I could have kept both.
I think you will like it.

Toogy

Reaction score
Damn, I really want this amp!! but just can't spend the money right now, it's a killer deal they have going this weekend! Also the 2x12 cab is a great price.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn, I really want this amp!! but just can't spend the money right now, it's a killer deal they have going this weekend! Also the 2x12 cab is a great price.

Yes, I thought about getting the cab too but I already have a 2x12 cab with V30's so it seems like a waste of money....although I love the color match.

I am going to bring some extra cash to the sale in case I see something else but I really need a Tele so I should be saving for that.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man, am I glad I got to the music store early this morning. I waited outside for them to open in -25 weather, along with about 20 other people. They open the door and I go straight for the Orange OR15 on display and bring it to the counter and ask for one in a box. The salesman tells me "That's the only one we have" Wow!!! They only had one for their big sale and I got it. I heard 2 other guys asking for them as I was paying. haha. I bet there's going to be a few disappointed musicians over the next few days. I hate to gloat but better I get it than someone else :)

Glad I stood out in the cold. I got it for $499 which is great because it normally goes for around $800 plus tax. I'm going to post a NAD thread with a review of the amp a little later. I can't really test it out right now as I have work to do. I'm pretty happy with myself for taking the initiative and lining up early for the sale. I have never done that before. I usually laugh at the people lined up before a store opens just so they can save a few dollars. This was a BIG saving so.....what the hell.

I am now an Orange guy :)

Zepp76

Reaction score
And so it begins, I bet you're chomping at the bit to play it!

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And so it begins, I bet you're chomping at the bit to play it!

I can't wait until everyone leaves so I can hook it up and crank it. I've always wanted an Orange tube amp and even though it's just a little 15w unit, I know it's going to sound great and fill a gap I have for recordings. It should also come in handy because it's small and light-weight, especially compared to my Mesa rig. I can just grab it and go for jams and super small clubs. Perfect.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I can't wait until everyone leaves so I can hook it up and crank it. I've always wanted an Orange tube amp and even though it's just a little 15w unit, I know it's going to sound great and fill a gap I have for recordings. It should also come in handy because it's small and light-weight, especially compared to my Mesa rig. I can just grab it and go for jams and super small clubs. Perfect.

Given how loud the TT is, I would suggest you are free to think even bigger!

Happy NAD!:thumb:

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Given how loud the TT is, I would suggest you are free to think even bigger!

Happy NAD!:thumb:

True. After seeing your video, I should be able to take it to quite a few shows. I only have a 2x12 cab for it so it may not have the balls yours did with the 4x12

LenPaul

Reaction score
Man, am I glad I got to the music store early this morning. I waited outside for them to open in -25 weather, along with about 20 other people. They open the door and I go straight for the Orange OR15 on display and bring it to the counter and ask for one in a box. The salesman tells me "That's the only one we have" Wow!!! They only had one for their big sale and I got it. I heard 2 other guys asking for them as I was paying. haha. I bet there's going to be a few disappointed musicians over the next few days. I hate to gloat but better I get it than someone else :)

Glad I stood out in the cold. I got it for $499 which is great because it normally goes for around $800 plus tax. I'm going to post a NAD thread with a review of the amp a little later. I can't really test it out right now as I have work to do. I'm pretty happy with myself for taking the initiative and lining up early for the sale. I have never done that before. I usually laugh at the people lined up before a store opens just so they can save a few dollars. This was a BIG saving so.....what the hell.

I am now an Orange guy :)

Congrats!!! I got one too! at another location. Also the only one they had.
Nice little amp, has the crunch & it cleans up pretty nicely with a strat.
Only played for 10 minutes into a single 8 ohm cream back, but that's all the time it took to find out this little amp delivers.

Then I got distracted into setting up the used 2011 Melody Maker I got.:naughty:

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I got one too! at another location. Also the only one they had.
Nice little amp, has the crunch & it cleans up pretty nicely with a strat.
Only played for 10 minutes into a single 8 ohm cream back, but that's all the time it took to find out this little amp delivers.

Then I got distracted into setting up the used 2011 Melody Maker I got.:naughty:

Way to go!!! We are the lucky ones. I think they had them out as loss leaders, just to get people in the store. It sure feels good to be the lucky one...and because of the deadly cold, I was going to wait until after dinner to go. I thought they'd have a small stack of them for the sale.

Wooottt I can't wait to try it out

LenPaul

Reaction score
Got lucky for sure,
Tone report!,,, I think it was worth getting chilled for.

Latest Threads