Opinions wanted on buyer complaint.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
I think his first complaint has absolutely no merit, the bridge pickup is not “corroded and chewed up.”

Re. the finish, this was not on the guitar when you sold it. You are not liable for this, it’s not a new guitar, but don’t make excuses on his behalf like “maybe I missed it” or something. Did you sell no returns?

He probably added the p/u complaint to justify any complaint at all, as the “dings” he may have caused or were caused in shipping.

Stick to your guns! Might need pics to show re. finish should it get to that. Don’t see much more than normal color variation in the first pic and possible finger mark on the 2nd. Normal for used guitar!

slug_maine

Reaction score
What's the scumbag looking for, a return or a partial refund?

marksoundguitars

Chief Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
Internet buyers suck. I will not sell a guitar to anyone inquiring on the internet, and it's because internet buyer suck.

If he demands a refund, when the guitar comes back be sure to wish him all sorts of appropriate karma. It will happen, too.

Because intenet buyers suck. :cool:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Your character and reputation are world class. You are the very best at what you do. It’s actually quite mind boggling just how good you are. In your mind you did the guy right. You're done. Sleep well.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck’m it’s better than described

smk506

Reaction score
Your character and reputation are world class. You are the very best at what you do. It’s actually quite mind boggling just how good you are. In your mind you did the guy right. You're done. Sleep well.
You know, I hadn’t even noticed who the OP even was when I first responded. Seeing that it’s @guitaraddict just makes it more obvious the dude is just fishing for a few hundred more off.

I’ve never bought anything from him, but you don’t get his reputation selling so much stuff here if you’re fleecing people or being otherwise unfair.

Roman4405

Reaction score
I can’t see anything in any of the pics. Tell him you’ll give him a refund after he pays a restocking fee and return shipping. Guy sounds like a douche.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
that's the reason I don't sell anything online anymore, there are just too many spoiled whiners out there now ... and it seems PayPal and such always screw the poor seller who has done nothing wrong .. it's just not worth the trouble anymore .. cash in hand or nothing

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Looks to me like he's just trying to get some money back and grasping for straws to find a reason.

There is nothing I can see that would indicate he was misled or deserves a refund of any kind...

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I get scared outside of here. MLP has still always treated me right. I don’t care to publicly admit the number of transactions I’ve done here, it’s embarrassing, but they’ve all been good.

judson

Reaction score
no doubt the clown is a fucktard....

i need to start selling a few again and this thread makes me change my mind quickly....

what part of the word used dont some people get...... :hmm:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
guitar looks fine. as you guys know I have been in direct sales over 30 years. Buyer has a 3 day cancellation window. I RARELY get cancellations but many times it is because " if you hadn't bought that cookware I would buy you this ....whatever". Guy is just fishing for any reason for a refund.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sellers' and buyers' definitions of "excellent condition" are subjective.

If your description of the guitar was accurate and you took pictures of all the flaws and the seller didn't challenge your "excellent condition" description and still bought the guitar, then tell him to piss off.

If you weren't brutally honest and up front, then some consideration to the buyer may be in order.

Ed B

Reaction score
If he's asking for a discount, I'd offer refund only.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Tell him to send it back. You'll pay shipping. But no refunds ;)

fugazi20

Reaction score
Wow, that is really nit picky. The guitar is in excellent condition. And even those blemishes are really insignificant even if they were there before you shipped them, But again, they don't degrade the condition in my opinion. And I don't understand the pickup complaint. Regardless, you are always very thorough and document everything. Every guitar I bought from you was better than described as you are always conservative in your grading of condition. Really sorry to hear about this and hope he comes to his senses. Just don't doubt yourself. You have an outstanding reputation for good reason. To me, the buyer is going overboard.

simon connor

Reaction score
Troy, I think you’re the best, and I adore the guitar I bought from you. You actually told me about people like this when we spoke on the phone - it’s like they just want to play it for a couple days or something. You also have a stellar reputation and all those positive reviews. I’d say, in the interest of preserving that reputation, tell him you’ll take it back, and he pays shipping. Your reputation is everything. He’s still being a douche, though...

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads