Opinions please about this 2016 Traditional

Demon Dave

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I’m David, and I’ve found this burst for sale, she’s a beauty as you can see, and the price is ok for me, the seller asking 1350,00 €. But it has wrong knobs, he say he’d change and put the originals on another LP, now sold.
The rest of guitar look original to you? Thanks I really like it.

BC5875E1-039C-45FE-8E77-6B60C9F75B41.jpeg
5525BE8F-30AC-46C5-9E80-D85DC8691AEF.jpeg
040662A6-8043-49E0-91F7-5A58C3C92D6E.jpeg
034CEB05-0BFC-4391-90DA-9DDA188DC97E.jpeg

judson

Reaction score
if you really like it.....thats all that really matters

how does it feel and sound is always #1 and #1

bridge looks aged ?

you can find knobs anywhere if those are not to your liking

my opinion

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Those amber knobs are awesome..
he had good taste...

awesome guitar...I don’t know anything of markets other than the us...specifically texas

great guitar though...knobs are easy to replace...none of us care if they’ve been chnaged

-chris

David Garner

Reaction score
That’s a beauty! You can get some speed knobs if you want. I wouldn’t hesitate.

Last edited:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I like the mismatched top aspect but that left side is just hideous.

Justin_Case

Reaction score
I like the mismatched top aspect but that left side is just hideous.
Based on the left side by the PUP Selector Switch being quite figured, I suspect the bottom is not showing well due to camera angle.

Demon Dave

Reaction score
I think on the 1st pic, we could see how are figured in different ways, the 2 sides, it‘s just disappointing

Last edited:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ditto.
The figuring on my '19 drops off from an angle, but head-on the flame is very even.

LP_Top.jpg
LP-Top-2.jpg

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes the bridge is another thing, the 2 posts are different from mine Abr 1 mounted on my SG
I didn't comment on the posts because I'm not familiar with what Gibson did with all of the Nashville and other variations.

But they look like they might be locking posts.
Not really a bad thing... My V and SG both have Tonepros locking tailpiece/bridge, and next string change, the LP will be getting a set.
Nice to be able to remove the strings and not have to worry about parts falling off (including the saddles).

Justin_Case

Reaction score
I didn't comment on the posts because I'm not familiar with what Gibson did with all of the Nashville and other variations.

But they look like they might be locking posts.
Not really a bad thing... My V and SG both have Tonepros locking tailpiece/bridge, and next string change, the LP will be getting a set.
Nice to be able to remove the strings and not have to worry about parts falling off (including the saddles).

www.faberusa.com is having a Memorial Day sale - 20% off everything.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
It looks like a pretty straightforward 2016 Traditional (T) in Light Burst. I have one and they’re good guitars. The ‘16 Trads are generally very well regarded Les Pauls.

Yes, they came with gold speedknobs as the factory fit but lots of folks changed those for top hat knobs (gold or amber, per personal preference) and many also added the metal pointer washers, as seen here. The other common changes to the plastics are taller, vintage-style pickup mounting rings, blank truss-rod cover and an amber switch tip for the pickup selector. All of which are intended to give a slightly more vintage-correct (i.e. 1958/59/60...!) appearance.

The metal fittings were chrome rather than the more vintage-vibe nickel finish so these are often changed too. The tailpiece was zamak alloy rather than aluminum, which some folk find affects the tone — so that’s another commonly changed part. The factory spec bridge on these is a zamak Nashville. Again, these can be swapped-out for a variety of alternatives (often some form of ABR-1 bridge), some require changing the bridge posts. Faber are a common aftermarket option for ABR-1 style replacement bridges on these models.

The guitar you’re looking at buying appears to have had many of these modifications. Lots of folks here have done much the same to their own ‘16 Trads. I know I did!

This is mine — I love it!
IMG_5986 2.jpg

As to value, that’s a bit more subjective. They were about $2k or a bit over when new, if I recall correctly (anyone...?) and they are generally holding their value pretty well. The Trads from the next few years came from the factory with the nickel fittings and top hat knobs / pointers that the ‘16 models didn’t have and there were a few changes to pups and other specs. The Trad line was pretty much directly replaced by the Orginal collection Standard ‘50s and Standard ‘60s models in mid-2019, which are also about $2k new.

Last edited:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
As to value, that’s a bit more subjective. They were about $2k or a bit over when new, if I recall correctly (anyone...?) and they are generally holding their value pretty well. The Trads from the next few years came from the factory with the nickel fittings and top hat knobs / pointers that the ‘16 models didn’t have and there were a few changes to pups and other specs. The Trad line was pretty much directly replaced by the Orginal collection Standard ‘50s and Standard ‘60s models in mid-2019, which are also about $2k new.
$2500 for the Original Series... I've not seen them commonly discounted.
Classics are down around $1900 or so, but lack the flame top, pup covers, and have P-P pots for coil split.

Latest Threads