Opinions on this 2000 LP Classic?

forty6and2sdmf

Reaction score
Came across this 2000 Classic in Cinnamon Burst (I think). I obviously need to play it to see if I like it, but are there some general opinions on this? He is the original owner. I don't know too much about the Classics and he's asking $1600 firm. Any help/info on if this would be a good deal is much appreciated.

LP1.jpg

LP2.jpg

LP3.jpg
LP4.jpg

Moby Dick

Reaction score
Great looking classic.
It looks tobacco burst.
I don’t think cinnamon burst was available in 2000.

$1600 is a fair price.
I love my 2000 classic.

uncajoey

Reaction score
Not an unreasonable price, given the current market. Two years ago, you could have bought a Premium Plus of the same vintage for that kind of dough, but that was yesterday. If you play it and it speaks to you, buy it. “Firm” pricing is dependent on how much interest the thing has generated, don’t be afraid to haggle a little.
If you love it, and he holds firm, just bite the bullet and pay up!

Elmore

Reaction score
Great guitar. That is worth having. The kind of guitar you may set down but never get tired of. Yes.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the replies and input! I’m checking it out tonight. Might be posting a NGD thread shortly... :)
$1,600 is a little steep. If you got some negotiating skills, try to talk him down.

My 2001 LP Classic was listed for $1,500, and I was able to talk the seller down to $1,250, which IMHO is closer to FMV.

forty6and2sdmf

Reaction score
It looks tobacco burst.
I don’t think cinnamon burst was available in 2000.
Just an update on this. He just sent me the model number on the checklist and it says "LPCSCBNH1", Which i think is "Les Paul Classic Cinnamon Burst Nickle Hardware". I could be wrong on this.

Reactions: Who

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I had a 2000. Great tone and playability! I think I spent $1450 for it, which is right in line with modern pricing. A fair price for a great LP.

forty6and2sdmf

Reaction score
Well, she wasn’t the one, boys. He said it has never been setup. There was some bowing in the neck as well. Ultimately decided to pass

Reactions: Who

rockstar232007

Reaction score
How much bow is too much bow? Lol
But really, I don’t know when it becomes unfixable, I guess?
If the bow isn't too much (as long as the strings aren't touching the frets), then a simple neck adjustment should take care of the problem?

Like others have said - use that as a bargining-point, get a decent setup, and rock the hell out of it!

forty6and2sdmf

Reaction score
If the bow isn't too much (as long as the strings aren't touching the frets), then a simple neck adjustment should take care of the problem?

Like others have said - use that as a bargining-point, get a decent setup, and rock the hell out of it!
It was a bow the other way. Not sure if that matters or not. Like the 12th fret was lower than the 3rd and 17th type of bow

Hogie34

Reaction score
Probably needs a good set up, truss rod adjustment etc. Hell, 9/10 Les Pauls at Guitar Center have way too much relief in them from sitting around. This one was probably just neglected by the original owner not knowing how to setup a guitar.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Judging by the photos, I'd say that guitar needs to go see Roxie. By the time she got done with it, it'd be ready to rock for years . The frets need polishing, the board needs to be moisturized, it could use some nut work, and the wow in the neck needs to be adjusted out. Bridge height and tailpiece adjustment, adjust the PU height, and it's ready to go. I'll bet that Classic just thunders!

Classicplayer

Reaction score
The price is fair. I have a Honeyburst 2000 that I bought new. The pictured guitar could use a good tech's setup and fret polishing. These guitars are easily adjustable in most cases. A twenty year-old Classic probably is a great sounding guitar due to the wood maturing and drying out. Mine is and even when played unplugged I can hear that wood sound come throug....quite resonate at this age.

Classicplayer

Mockbel

Reaction score
It is a very nice looking Les Paul... Classics are awesome !

I am in Egypt where high end guitars are really rare.. I have been dreaming of a Goldtop for many years till last year when a Goldtop Traditional was listed for a really high price and the guy was advertising it as “FIRM”... I took full amount with me and when I inspected the guitar I said to myself “I am going home with it no doubt”.. However, I knew that high end guitars are rare here, but buyers of them are rare too as they are always expensive and overpriced.. So I used some of my negotiation skills and managed to get it 15% less than that “firm” price.. you can do it too.. in all cases, don’t let it go if you liked it

Good luck and sorry for the long reply :)

pentat0nicc

Reaction score
Got my 2000 classic gold top. With slash pup in bridge, Gibson case (but not original, and bust handle) for 1k GBP . Thought that was about right. Looking at sold eBay prices.
All guitars will need a setup. At least to how you like it. But if it ain’t right. Walk. I have many times....

Latest Threads