Opinions on Fender 90's american solid sate amps please

frisco

Reaction score
Hello
i was wonderng what is the general opinion of these amps. Specially the deluxe 112 or stage 112 se.
I know they wont sound like a tube amp but will they have a fendery tone? are they gig worthy?
Are they better that the newer solid state fender lines ( frontmans and champions)?

Thanks

redking

Reaction score
Hello
i was wonderng what is the general opinion of these amps. Specially the deluxe 112 or stage 112 se.
I know they wont sound like a tube amp but will they have a fendery tone? are they gig worthy?
Are they better that the newer solid state fender lines ( frontmans and champions)?

Thanks
Most people don't buy SS amps for "tone", they buy them for cost effectiveness, convenience / functionality when tone is not that important or maybe they are beginners - therefore I don't think you are going to get many "tone" opinions on these.

JMP

Reaction score
A long time ago, I owned a late 80’s or early 90’s solid state Princeton Chorus. I also played a few other Fender solid state amps from that general era. They are huge value and sound decent to good. If you get one for a good price, go for it.

My guess is both amps you listed are in the 50 to 100 watt range, that’s definitely gig volume.

Id guess the new solid state Fender options probably sound a little better and emulate tube tones more accurately. But, I’d not pass up a bargain priced older solid state amp that’s otherwise well made.....but I like older Peavey amps, so I’m biased.

Last edited:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I’ve had a couple in the past, agree with the previous comments. The cleans were okay and Fender sounding but unsurprisingly lacked dynamics and warmth

refin

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I found that although they are serviceable amps,they were heavy in bass and treble and starving in midrange.I wasn't impressed with the overdrive channel.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
The overdrive channel was awful and basically unusable, as is the case on the majority of SS amps

frisco

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments!
The one that caught my eye was the Stage 112 SE. 160 watts.

I'm curious if the parts (pots, speakers, jacks, etc) are better than current SS Fenders

Latest Threads