One piece tops. How rare or how common? Whos got em?

Ironskull4420

Reaction score
Morning all, new to the forms here. But not so new to owning Gibson guitars, and basses. I was drawn here looking for some information on a norlin era lp. And found a super knowledgeable, friendly, and inviting comunity. So let me say, thanks for welcoming me in to the ranks.

Sence cruzing the forums ive heard mermers of a couple of members having natural finished one piece top les pauls. I would love to see some of em. And maybe hear some stories, and collect some info on these "rare one piece tops".

Also I understand that there might be a couple of you out there that worked for Gibson at the tike guitars like this were being produced, if any of you Norlin era alumni are still poking around I would be verry grateful to hear from any one with first hand experience from that era of production.

Thanks all for taking the time.
Here are a couple flicks of my Norlin Naty one piece. This one is an '81 standard. Possibly a special order? Or just a lucky find?
20191026_091933.jpg
20191026_091646.jpg

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
This makes no sense whatsoever. A 1 piece MOHAGANY top on an R7?! Vic where ever did you find such a thing?!
They made a few R6s this way, I found one of these in my search for one...