One of the best days of my life

SGeoff

Reaction score
congrats on making it. i just retired too, as of June 1. I think you're gonna like it:yesway:

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm retired myself, and I love not having to work.

No cranky co-workers who bring their home problems to work, no traffic, no alarms...it's a good thing.

I'm enjoying guitar so much more than I have in years too, and just enjoying life in general more than I have also.

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I retired after 30 years of government service... that was almost seven years ago now.

People told me that I'd be bored to death and blah-blah-blah.

People were wrong. :laugh2:

Enjoy it, man-- you sure as hell earned it!

--R :thumb:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Thanks, I kinda feel like a dick to a point. It has become toxic and we are down to critical staffing levels. I was intending on working til next year, but I'm done. I feel bad for a few left behind but this is something I have to do for my own
health and sanity.
after 32 years you dont owe them a thing.best of luck on retirement...

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it's official, I signed my retirement exit papers today :thumbs:. I feel invincible!!

My last day is August 31st. Spent the last 32 yrs at the same place and ready to be free.

Had to tell somebody, my parents were both in the medical field and could commiserate with me, but have both passed away in the last 2 yrs.

Looking forward to more free time for my hobbies guitars , guns, motorcycles and astronomy.
Good on ya, man. Enjoy.