One of the best days of my life

tjbitt

Reaction score
Well it's official, I signed my retirement exit papers today :thumbs:. I feel invincible!!

My last day is August 31st. Spent the last 32 yrs at the same place and ready to be free.

Had to tell somebody, my parents were both in the medical field and could commiserate with me, but have both passed away in the last 2 yrs.

Looking forward to more free time for my hobbies guitars , guns, motorcycles and astronomy.

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats man 32 years is a long time. Much respect

lancpudn

Reaction score
Congratulations tjbitt Sir, I had to take early retirement to care for my elderly parents, sadly Dad didn't make it but I took my ol Mam(90) to Liverpool last week to the Docks & Beatles quarter, It makes you wonder how you managed to fit some "ME" time in when you were working. :thumb:

defcrew

Reaction score
Congrats and best of luck in your transition. Gotta feel a little like leaving the capsule, Maj Tom, right?

tjbitt

Reaction score
Thanks, I kinda feel like a dick to a point. It has become toxic and we are down to critical staffing levels. I was intending on working til next year, but I'm done. I feel bad for a few left behind but this is something I have to do for my own
health and sanity.

tjbitt

Reaction score
Congratulations tjbitt Sir, I had to take early retirement to care for my elderly parents, sadly Dad didn't make it but I took my ol Mam(90) to Liverpool last week to the Docks & Beatles quarter, It makes you wonder how you managed to fit some "ME" time in when you were working. :thumb:

Great pics Lanc. Glad you can spend time with with your mom. Both my parents and my father in-law have all passed in the last 3 yrs. My mother in-law is in her 80's and lives with my wife and I 6 months out of the year and with my brother in law the other 6 months of the year. It has always been hard to spend time with family as we were so spread out across the country.

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it's official, I signed my retirement exit papers today :thumbs:. I feel invincible!!

My last day is August 31st. Spent the last 32 yrs at the same place and ready to be free.

Had to tell somebody, my parents were both in the medical field and could commiserate with me, but have both passed away in the last 2 yrs.

Looking forward to more free time for my hobbies guitars , guns, motorcycles and astronomy.
Excellent!! Congrats!!

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Conga-Rats! Wishing you the best in your retirement.

I'm right behind you... < 1 year, maybe sooner.

The General

Reaction score
Thanks, I kinda feel like a dick to a point. It has become toxic and we are down to critical staffing levels. I was intending on working til next year, but I'm done. I feel bad for a few left behind but this is something I have to do for my own
health and sanity.
congrats and don't feel bad. After 32 years, you EARNED that retirement.

lancpudn

Reaction score
Great pics Lanc. Glad you can spend time with with your mom. Both my parents and my father in-law have all passed in the last 3 yrs. My mother in-law is in her 80's and lives with my wife and I 6 months out of the year and with my brother in law the other 6 months of the year. It has always been hard to spend time with family as we were so spread out across the country.
Thank you tjbitt, so sorry to hear of your parents passing, it's a horrible time to go through, I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I do. after almost 50 years at the grindstone it feels good to sleep in in the morning. :thumb:

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad on bit. 32 years at one place is outstanding. Without knowing the sitch, it seems like you are getting out at just the right time.

Congrats, I'm jealous.

tjbitt

Reaction score
With my early years in law enforcement and then 32 yrs in the medical field, I was always busy working overtime and taking call. I won't miss carrying my pager ( I called it my bitch box ) one bit .All the years I have carried one I never got used to it. At least with the advent of cell phones it is easier to do what you need to do. Once upon a time I carried a pocket full of quarters and knew where all the pay phones were. What a pain in the a$$ that used to be.o_O

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations sir. Appears you have put in your time. Enjoy.

I am currently wrestling with the issue my self so I kinda get what you're saying.

Have a great time with your avocations.

Matt_21

Reaction score
Congratulations!
Make sure to keep busy.

Caoimhin

Reaction score
Congratulations. I'm 31, trying to work hard while I'm young, and put a lot into my 401K. I hope I get there quick