On Electric Guitar #73

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Throughout the day-ELECTRIC GUITAR-"pops in."

Played two Saturdays past. It was OK show- still , sound wasn't BIG enough- I think it was our last "go" here- Bassist and booker<should be a TV show> got "into it." Very silly. I always say---YAESSSSHHH MAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm."

To her.

I say YES to everybody, I argue with peers-peers are few.

PM---FLASH---------LIGHTS+BELLS++++

Band chatroom-I can't believe I typed that. Bands never chat.

OLD FEZZ-----

"Is anybody....Out there???????

"FEZZ.....I love you
"Thanks Chris- I REALLY Love you-my guitar stunt double. Sat?"

YEAH YEAH YEAH....but......early...

Sure ....BASS+DRUMS+CHRIS

When are we recording?

FEZZ----When you want Oct-Nov+Dec++++ I don't care-I'm so much better now-every day a new player ENDLESS riffs..

They agree. They buy THIS.....why? Because it is ROCK -simple noise, limited, moronic.....but, these "confines" bolster.

I want to use my EVH MXR Flanger-Cradle Will Rock crashing chords.I also need to get my Tele 2000 together=86 SG Paf into the neck, set-up 10-56,4 way+ this
1567546910011.png

Think Prince meets Keith .

Then use my Sabbra pedal with JazzMaster for instro-Surf

Should I run an ABC box -have my Sunn SS Stinger dimed on one side of stage+Fender DeVille- Why does clean channel sound "choked?" Drive channels are full-on? Get it looked at? Have warranty-ALWAYS buy them from GC- I KILL amps- $30 for 3 years? Oh yes. Nah, I just play dirty out of DeVille- I'll ask Chris- he knows about amps.......

Saturday- Guitars-JazzMaster+V- amps-Sunn+Fender +ABC box-why not run in stereo?

Looper- FEZZband can play to my loops, I can smoke a BIG cigar, why tax myself? Is it Live or is it FEZZ?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I will probably listen to some Joe Walsh and Motorhead. I want my guitars to sound "pure" like Eddie and Joe.
I can come close to Funk 49 tone with my Silvertone 1391 "dimed" and my Supro guitar,

Then......................what a troubled path this DRUG leads to. I have notebooks filled with amp+pedal settings. ELECTRIC GUITAR is, I believe ,more potent a drug then even POETRY. I never worried about anything while reading POETRY-just drank much wine and dark sweaters were in order.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Classic Rocker stuff. EVERYBODY comes "close" to Funk 49 ---Never top it. I wonder what Billy is doing now? Deguillo was my first concert. That was some GUITAR-almost as good as REAL Blues'ers I seen-Alberts King -Collins +BB+
1567547956905.png

Stevie Ray was close too. I was lucky to see these guys in the flesh.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Fezz

That pickguard in the pic in your post. Where did you get it? What is it made of? It looks exactly like the top on my Tele-type, which is stripped ebony veneer.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Looper- FEZZband can play to my loops, I can smoke a BIG cigar, why tax myself? Is it Live or is it FEZZ?

one of my dreams is to use a looper live on stage . I'll record a track . overdub it . then let my part be done

sit down on stage and read a comic book until the song is over

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
one of my dreams is to use a looper live on stage . I'll record a track . overdub it . then let my part be done

sit down on stage and read a comic book until the song is over
a, WAY back in '91 I was going to set up a table+iron+light onstage and my bassist was going to solder things while drummer and I jammed. I want to leave the stage and order a water and watch some baseball while band plays away. I like the "ripoff" angle. Why should I care? I'm 53 and still playing FEZZROCK.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
You've got the JMJM, check this out for BIG sounds:
c, I usually try to avoid pedals-have had luck w/ Sabbra and BBE Boosta, I may stack some FUZZ for our next gig,maybe "push" my Face Lift with my Roger Mayer Purple Mongoose-----

Chango Malo

where's that confounded bridge?
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's the stacking and turning levels down that's the important bit there. Along with the order he's putting stuff in the chain.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
it's the stacking and turning levels down that's the important bit there. Along with the order he's putting stuff in the chain.
c, I'm the king of bad patch cables, batteries, broken switches, lights burning out...............Live- I prefer straight in, I do have a MORE drive channel and I do use all my pickups and vol knobs. I have a Silvertone 1481 with ripped speaker? Tubes dying? It sounds like early Kinks. I may go AB with my DeVille . Will ABC pedal survive.I like the idea of a rumbling +stumbling amp helping to make my sound BIGGER. Two amps dying together beats one that works?

Chango Malo

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
before I got smart and began running direct, I ran two amps on stage. One 67 bassman into a 212 cab and a 62 tremolux into a matching 210 cab. only thing between the geetar and the amps was an old aby that had most of the paint smashed off. For the sake of everyone's ears I ended up with a beat up TS9 in front of the bassman. And It was goooooooood. I did everything with the aby and the geetar knobs. With the bassman and tremolux both going I was in hog heaven. I'd stomp the aby and the tremolux would just freaking sing: clean, sparkling funk for days. Swap over to the bassman, hit the TS9 and lean on it.
A couple times a set I'd hit the aby and let both amps fight. I'd just roll off a little more on the tone knob and they'd blend just like whisky and ginger beer.

Then I got tired of humping gear. I ran the tremolux solo for years. I even stuffed the cab under a bunch of moving blankets offstage so the slider monkey didn't have to fight it. Then I saw Ritchie Kotzen play a little show in Portlandia. He was playing through his signature flyrig and a wah. There was a Marshall half stack on stage; the little red rocker switch was lit up all night but there wasn't anything plugged into the input. My bass dude asked him after the show what was up with the stack and RK said, "well it kinda sounded like ass, so I borrowed the soundguy's Hot Rod Deluxe and dialed in a good sound with my pedal. Most of the time I can work with the backline, but sometimes you get a turd. So I just find a decent clean amp and get what I need with the pedal. If I can't get a decent amp in time I just go direct.
So a few days later I tried out a RK5 flyrig and thought it sounded pretty good. So I took it to the next gig downtown. I dragged along a geetar with the flyrig a DI, and a couple cables in the pocket of the gigbag. As I was grabbing my car keys I stopped and said "dude, you can walk to Chop Suey in ten minutes. WTF are you taking your car keys?" So I walked to the gig. I set up in 10 seconds, checked levels with the slider monkey, and headed over to the bar to get a scotch. Bass dude looks at me like a grew a second head. Bass dude rolls over to the bar and says "hey, we need to set up..." I say "I'm done, charlie's got my levels and everything, just waiting on youse guys." Bass dude looks at me like my second head grew horns. Band plays set. Band finishes set. I've got my geetar and rig in the gig bag and am walking out of the green room with the horn section and getting a drink while the rest of the band is finishing tearing their gear down.
Next week, bass dude is running direct.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I may just add this to my mix Live- Dirty guitar becoming more clanging. I have a Green Ringer, this is a more "stable" ringer. Why should I even care about my LIVE sound. I prefer when people feel let down-part of being an aging Champion defending THE BELT.
1567636835255.png

Chango Malo

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one cares about live sound. Guitar players like to jerk off about 'tone'. No one cares about tone. Only the guitar player that can't play cares about 'tone' in a shit bar playing to drunks through a p.o.s. busted-ass p.a.

Not a single person in that bar cares about 'tone'
Not a single person in that bar can tell if the guitar is in tune.
Not a single person in that bar cares what tune the band plays.

Might as well get a tone that works well enough and go play. People don't give a shit what you play, they want to see a show.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
no one cares about live sound. Guitar players like to jerk off about 'tone'. No one cares about tone. Only the guitar player that can't play cares about 'tone' in a shit bar playing to drunks through a p.o.s. busted-ass p.a.

Not a single person in that bar cares about 'tone'
Not a single person in that bar can tell if the guitar is in tune.
Not a single person in that bar cares what tune the band plays.

Might as well get a tone that works well enough and go play. People don't give a shit what you play, they want to see a show.
c, so true. I just probably will bleed all over my guitar in OCT, I'm playing with Pissing Match-yes, blood is the answer.
1567641257750.png

Latest Threads