Olympics....watching?

disaffected

Reaction score
Next summer, Social Media posting will be included in the games, too. And, in 2026 they are going to include Barista Games.... style points for the best free-range vegan mocha latte!
Guess it is time to serve yourself some Frusen Gladje ice cream while you plug a movie into your VCR and yell at the TV whenever you see that cheater Tiger Woods

PeteK

Reaction score
Next summer, Social Media posting will be included in the games, too. And, in 2026 they are going to include Barista Games.... style points for the best free-range vegan mocha latte!
Those summer games last time in Japan, a guy lost a karate gold medal match by knocking his opponent out with a legal kick. He was disqualified for hitting him too hard. So they woke up his opponent to tell him he won the gold by getting knocked out.

If that's where the Olympics already are, we might as well have barista medals

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Guess it is time to serve yourself some Frusen Gladje ice cream while you plug a movie into your VCR and yell at the TV whenever you see that cheater Tiger Woods
Unknown.jpeg

disaffected

Reaction score
Those summer games last time in Japan, a guy lost a karate gold medal match by knocking his opponent out with a legal kick. He was disqualified for hitting him too hard. So they woke up his opponent to tell him he won the gold by getting knocked out.

If that's where the Olympics already are, we might as well have barista medals
While true, the competition was Kumite, which basically means sparring. Blows are to be delivered in a controlled fashion. In Kumite knocking someone out is not considered controlled. However the guy who did the knocking out received a 6 figure contact from the Combat Karate league or whatever they are called. So in the end there was some justice.

PeteK

Reaction score
While true, the competition was Kumite, which basically means sparring. Blows are to be delivered in a controlled fashion. In Kumite knocking someone out is not considered controlled. However the guy who did the knocking out received a 6 figure contact from the Combat Karate league or whatever they are called. So in the end there was some justice.
It was pretty lame. The guy that got knocked out leaned into it too. If I were him, I would have immediately taken the medal off and handed it to the guy that knocked me out.

What a stupid competition that you're allowed to hit, but not too hard. That sounds like some soccer mom bullshit where no one keeps score and we all eat orange slices afterwards and no one loses

disaffected

Reaction score
It was pretty lame. The guy that got knocked out leaned into it too. If I were him, I would have immediately taken the medal off and handed it to the guy that knocked me out.

What a stupid competition that you're allowed to hit, but not too hard. That sounds like some soccer mom bullshit where no one keeps score and we all eat orange slices afterwards and no one loses
If you wanna watch full combat Karate, watch Tae Kwon Do. Kata and Kumite are different

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Time marches on, you anachronistic a-hole. :laugh2:

The sports have changed so much from when the Greeks did it it’s not even recognizable.
We’ll see video games in it in my lifetime and I still won’t give a fuck about the Olympics.

PeteK

Reaction score
If you wanna watch full combat Karate, watch Tae Kwon Do. Kata and Kumite are different
Kata is basically synchronized swimming on dry land. I get that it's hard, but it's such a weird thing to give medals for. Like that guy really flailed around and screamed "HYAAAAA" like really super duper good. Gold medal worthy. That's totally the same level achievement as Usain Bolt crushing sprinting records. Medals for everyone. :laugh2:

At least Tae Kwon Do you're still allowed to actually try to beat your opponent. For now at least. I'm sure they'll neuter that too to keep it "in the spirit of the Olympics" :rolleyes:

PeteK

Reaction score

What a debacle this situation with the Russian figure skater has become. They are going to punish everyone else in the competition for her sake. No medal ceremony if she wins. Why? Because they know they will likely have to take the medal back later and change who won. Well then why even let her fucking compete? The "ROC" shouldn't even be competing anyway. Now they are cheating, so what's next? Ban the ROC and have the same doped up athletes compete as the "Athletes formerly known as the ROC, which was formerly known as the country of Russia"?

rockstar232007

Reaction score

What a debacle this situation with the Russian figure skater has become. They are going to punish everyone else in the competition for her sake. No medal ceremony if she wins. Why? Because they know they will likely have to take the medal back later and change who won. Well then why even let her fucking compete? The "ROC" shouldn't even be competing anyway. Now they are cheating, so what's next? Ban the ROC and have the same doped up athletes compete as the "Athletes formerly known as the ROC, which was formerly known as the country of Russia"?
For some reason, the OC seems to be very affraid of Russia/Vladimir Putin?

I mean, it's not like anyone who tries to go against them/him magically ends up dead...oh, wait!

Seriously, though. I still don't understand why any country in the free world would even give Russia a second glance? Their human-rights standards are almost as bad as China's. Hmm, maybe that's why THEY get along so well?

All, that aside, I've never watched the olympics, not even the hockey part, and given that stuff like this is allowed to fly, it looks like I never will.

irocdave12

Reaction score
I gotta say those Monobob Sleds look like the most fun an adult could ever have. Thats gotta be awesome flying down at 75mph.

PeteK

Reaction score

I'm not one to ever buy the race card argument, but I'm not sure she's wrong. She tested positive for a non performance enhancing drug and was banned from the Olympics. Why is her situation different than the Russian girl? Fucking corrupt ass IOC

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not one to ever buy the race card argument, but I'm not sure she's wrong. She tested positive for a non performance enhancing drug and was banned from the Olympics. Why is her situation different than the Russian girl? Fucking corrupt ass IOC
It's not race... it's nationality.
Other Americans have been banned for weed.

I really am surprised we have a snowboarding team able to compete.

Latest Threads