Olympics....watching?

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What channel you watching? Because it’s definitely on a delay. I watched all 3 runs He’s done
Oh.
Heard that on the radio around 5:30.
I thought it went another day or two.

pmonk

Reaction score
The announcer went nuts when the USA judge gave Hirano an 89 on that 2nd run.

Luckily it did not become an issue because Hirano did what elite athletes do and dominated that last run!

BigJim

Reaction score
Watched some of the Skelton runs last night. Luge is nutty enough, but it's got to be a total blast hitting that ice track face first..

LocoTex

Reaction score
1644621059317.png

irocdave12

Reaction score
USA vs Canada mens hockey on live right now. Looks like its gonna be a heck of a game. Refreshing to see it played old school style like the miracle on ice days without the NHL players making it a blow out runaway path to a gold medal for either USA or Canada every 4 years. Back to the young college kids playing their hearts out…love it

pnuggett

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgement I switched on the Olympics last night after dinner. My wife was hoping to see ice skating. What was on was some snowboard racing down a manmade course with scattered starts of 4 racers and maybe man and woman team mates (not sure about that). I didn't know this event even existed. Some 40 year old guy from the USA was competing and that was the most interesting thing about it. Anyway it was borrrrrring and I shut it off after a few minutes. Fuck it and fuck china!!

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I watched both the men's and women's half pipe. I watched a little downhill.

That's it. Probably done.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Winter games are so sadistic.

"Hey, we're all set to throw this guy off of a 100ft ramp with no more protection than a pair of skis... can we top that?"
"Ohh... ohhh... I know... Lets take the front end of a Formula-One car, load 4 guys into it, and send them down the mountain with no brakes or steering!"
Fuck them. They not only agreed to do it, they worked their whole lives for the chance.
I don’t know what makes one bobsled team faster than another. It seems like the fatter the team, the faster the sled.
Someone could explain it to me, but I promise I won’t care enough to read it.

PeteK

Reaction score
Fuck them. They not only agreed to do it, they worked their whole lives for the chance.
I don’t know what makes one bobsled team faster than another. It seems like the fatter the team, the faster the sled.
Someone could explain it to me, but I promise I won’t care enough to read it.
That gal a few years back that was like the female Tebow used the bobsled as her consolation sport when she couldn't win any track and field medals. But she sucked at bobsled too. She made quite a career out of never winning anything in the Olympics

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
That gal a few years back that was like the female Tebow used the bobsled as her consolation sport when she couldn't win any track and field medals. But she sucked at bobsled too. She made quite a career out of never winning anything in the Olympics
I wish I could see the look of surprise on your face when I tell you I have no idea who you’re talking about.

PeteK

Reaction score
I wish I could see the look of surprise on your face when I tell you I have no idea who you’re talking about.
Lolo Jones. She was all hyped up to win a bunch of medals a few summer games ago. Finished 7th and was kinda bitchy about it and criticized the people criticizing her because she was allegedly a virgin and devout Christian and claimed that's why people liked to see her fail. Then she went from summer track to winter bobsled in the Olympics to try to win a medal but was unsuccessful there too.

She did actually have a fair amount of success in track and field, just never at the Olympics

irocdave12

Reaction score
Come on we got the Jamaican Bobsled team running again this Olympiics What’s not to love about that? Just watched the 1 person womens Solobob run tonight and with this track being probably the fastest and most badass ever built you can imagine how the Jamaican girl did. Yup she hit every damn wall on the way down….twice. I honestly can’t believe she didn’t flip it but I’ll definitely be tuning in to see it when she does. And trust me there’s gonna be some sloppy Jamaican bobsled action coming up when they start adding more of them to the sled.

pmonk

Reaction score
Come on we got the Jamaican Bobsled team running again this Olympiics What’s not to love about that? Just watched the 1 person womens Solobob run tonight and with this track being probably the fastest and most badass ever built you can imagine how the Jamaican girl did. Yup she hit every damn wall on the way down….twice. I honestly can’t believe she didn’t flip it but I’ll definitely be tuning in to see it when she does. And trust me there’s gonna be some sloppy Jamaican bobsled action coming up when they start adding more of them to the sled.
I feel nervous when I hit 75 when driving a car on the highway, I can't imagine the fear of doing that in a one-man bobsled with no brakes on ice.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It really sucks this time around. It's the 'who cares' games. All the shit (loosely used) sports come on in prime time. I don't GAFF about snowboarding, freestyle skiing, or worst of all -- cross country skiing. The first two should be banished to the fucking X-games. And, who in their right fucking mind can watch people run on skis for hours on end???

And, all the pissing and moaning about China??? Get over it. And, all the pissing and moaning about cheating and doping? Get over it. This is forever part of our lives.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
It really sucks this time around. It's the 'who cares' games. All the shit (loosely used) sports come on in prime time. I don't GAFF about snowboarding, freestyle skiing, or worst of all -- cross country skiing. The first two should be banished to the fucking X-games. And, who in their right fucking mind can watch people run on skis for hours on end???

And, all the pissing and moaning about China??? Get over it. And, all the pissing and moaning about cheating and doping? Get over it. This is forever part of our lives.
Snowboarding is part of the Olympics now, grandpa.
Get over it.

Latest Threads