Old Fart Fretter

WavMixer

Reaction score
Greetings all, another old timer here. I use to play bass in the 70's, got married, had kids and stepped back from playing. Got divorced in the 80's and ran the soundboard for bands. In the 90's I switched to running the soundboard for live theatre and became a grandpa. My 13 year old grandson received a Squire Strat last Christmas & I've been trying to teach him how to play, but it was rough with only his guitar. I just purchased an Epi G-400 in faded brown and Mustang 1 amp for me to play along with him and we have really been bonding on a whole new level. We just watched an all time favorite classic movie of mine "Crossroads" and I've been calling him "Lightning Boy".

I guess that I'm not your ordinary kinda grandpa. I drive a 400 WHP Evo as my daily driver and have modded the hell out of it. Looks like I'll be modding my Epi next. I did my own set up and took strings that you could poll vault over to a fairly decent guitar to play. I decided on a SG because it was the axe of choice of one of my clients, Arthur Lee. I built a web site for him and the band LOVE which some of you old timers may be familiar with. For a living I build web sites, so if any of you talented young or old artists need a web site, mention MLP and I'll give you the fellow fretter discount. You can see some of my work at WavMixer. I've already learned a bunch form this site and look forward to leaning much much more.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
That's really cool about you and Lightnin' Boy. Welcome to the site.

Geardog

Reaction score
Damm, i was gonna say what Sexy said. :)

Welcome.

moff40

Reaction score
Welcome. And now I wanna change my screenname to OldFartFretter! :)

SexyGibson

Reaction score
Oh man; you changed your screen name ? Well; we're still gonna call you Old Fart !

WavMixer

Reaction score
Oh man; you changed your screen name ? Well; we're still gonna call you Old Fart !
I didn't change my screen name, but you can still call me old fart... just don't call me old shart :wow:

WavMixer

Reaction score
Lightning boy was looking over my shoulder while I was posting here and he saw the avitar I made for this forum. Of coarse he wanted me to make an avitar for him too.

Latest Threads