Ok..who is buyin the real 59's?

redrabit1

Reaction score
Remember the Ferrari F-40, then think of the value of a 1959 Les Paul in five or ten years.

zdoggie

Reaction score
I'm glad that their totally out my reach I'd rather not be responsible for that type of investment , I stopped chasing 59's back in the 80's. i've come to the conclusion that the RI will surfice for all of my needs the big issue ,to me is the tone
now days there are some pickup co. that get really close , again thats good enough for me ,and what I do I am a happy camper.

zdog

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know, it’s the obvious, but clearly Joe B…
I don’t think an auction is his “style” so I don’t see him active in this…this clearly will be a “premium” price event, which is what Neal wants and should get!
That buyers fee thing is a real turnoff unless the value is unimportant and it’s all about provenance.
You know that Joe is auctioning off a burst that he JUST bought at an auction less than a year ago.
Of course, it comes with an NFT of one of his songs too.

Of all the burst sales I've tracked over the past 5-6 years, I don't know of a single doctor or lawyer. There are countless ways to amass the funds necessary to buy a burst that don't involve med or law school or wall st.

Zylo

Reaction score
give it 50 years and that epiphone that aint worth a lot now... will be worth a lot more...

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I saw that....you get complete ownership of the guitar and the song to do with what you please......someone will bite.

Are you in the market for another Burst?

Hope you are doing well......

You know that Joe is auctioning off a burst that he JUST bought at an auction less than a year ago.
Of course, it comes with an NFT of one of his songs too.

Of all the burst sales I've tracked over the past 5-6 years, I don't know of a single doctor or lawyer. There are countless ways to amass the funds necessary to buy a burst that don't involve med or law school or wall st.

darkvoice

Reaction score
At this point affordability is one of the main problems with 1959s, as they reach the point where they can't be touched by vast majority of guitar collectors/players.

I'd rather have few affordable guitars that have potential of doubling or even multiplying they worth that one 1959 which has limited upside.

rogue3

Reaction score
More like people in finance and CEOs. Most lawyers and doctors I know (and I am a doctor, PS) are more than comfortable, but $200k is not exactly chump change for them.
Precisely.

shark

Reaction score
with a buyers premium of 20%( some are at 25%) they aint selling shit . blows all the prices out of reality.

a buyers premium is such a crock of poop.

36k 57 goldtop looks good till you see 9000 added to it for poo factor

KS 5150

Reaction score
Joe B. Although he recently diversified and bought a '58.

rialcnis

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might want to buy some London Coffee options right now, THEN invest in these guitars that will never lose value, except during a zombie invasion.

58 special

Reaction score
Still have value in a zombie invasion. Could be used to club them over the head.

Zylo

Reaction score
Remember the Ferrari F-40, then think of the value of a 1959 Les Paul in five or ten years.
soon theres going to be more 59s in collectors vaults than there are Fords on the road..

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
with a buyers premium of 20%( some are at 25%) they aint selling shit . blows all the prices out of reality.

a buyers premium is such a crock of poop.

36k 57 goldtop looks good till you see 9000 added to it for poo factor
A 36k 57 Gold Top has been an unrealistic expectation for a very long time now. They sold most all of it. The 57 GT went for over $131k (inc. buyers premium).

I was surprised by the Don't Stop Believin' Les Paul at $250k. Seems a lot for a messed with '77 LP Standard. Guess a couple of people liked the song; a lot.

Liam

Last edited:

Latest Threads