Ok to leave strap on a hanging Les Paul Standard?

Slingknees

Reaction score
The strap can’t hurt it, but those wall hangers can leave stand rash if they have that black foam rubber material for cushioning

smk506

Reaction score
When I had some hanging I didn’t leave the straps on them, just hung them from a long peg next to them. I figured the less there was to catch on something or get pulled pushed or otherwise jostled the better.

Now I leave them on a rack and while I still don’t think it’s a bad idea to take the straps off when not in use, I don’t about 1/2 or more of the time.

kisschicken

Reaction score
The strap can’t hurt it, but those wall hangers can leave stand rash if they have that black foam rubber material for cushioning
Thanks for the heads up. I've been checking it everyday and it seems okay so far. It's a Hercules hanger if that matters.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Be warned and beware!

Leaving a strap on a hanging guitar will make it more convenient to put on and play!

:dude:

Therefore, also leave a clip-on tuner on it and an amp nearby.
I'd be mindful of leaving clip on tuners on your Gibsons. I had a Snark leave an imprint in the nitro of one of my Traditionals when I accidentally left it clipped on overnight.

BKS

Reaction score
Be warned and beware!

Leaving a strap on a hanging guitar will make it more convenient to put on and play!

Hmmm if you want to leave a mark on the guitar okay but i will never leave mine on.
Left my Peterson clip on on my cs flying V for only a few days and it left a mark on the headstock. Only slight but do not want to know what would have happened if i left it on any longer.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
The strap ends and possibly the strap are vinyl. It will eat into the lacquer!

Reactions: HRC

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be warned and beware!

Words to live by sonar. :h5:
Those words are a truism to be sure.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Who needs a tuner? I've got two of these.

Me too!

The again how quick can you do open D open G open C, DADGAD, C Standard, Nashville, Joni Mitchells’, Renaissance, Flamenco, etc...

(What’s in between those ears of mine can’t even remember half those on a good day!) :shock::rofl:

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Me too!

The again how quick can you do open D open G open C, DADGAD, C Standard, Nashville, Joni Mitchells’, Renaissance, Flamenco, etc...

(What’s in between those ears of mine can’t even remember half those on a good day!) :shock::rofl:
Serious playing generally sees me at my amp, plugged into my pedal board, which I do have a tuner on. I'm generally a standard tuning only kind of guy, but when I want to try another tuning out, I can do it there.

I have the tuner on my pedal board so I can mute between songs and so I can guarantee I'll be in tune with the rest of the band... Although most of the bands I've played in have generally been full of the "give me an e" kind of people.

Problem with my two are, they pick up a ringing that isn't my guitar...
Tinnitus? My mother has had that almost all her life. I believe I suffer from it, but only mildly. Loud noises will hurt and then I'll have ringing for a while. I use ear plugs if things get bad.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
My father has tinnitus. Sounds like a wretched condition.

As to the strap, I’d be afraid of interactions. I always put my guitars back in the case with nothing on it.:dunno:

Reactions: HRC

Latest Threads