Ok I’m officially grounding myself from guitar shopping . Another NGD/incoming

Brazilnut

Reaction score
GAS is disgusting, but sometimes unavoidable. Even in mixed company.
Wish I had an extra kidney laying around....

80smetalhead

Reaction score
Having “convinced” myself I “needed” a 59 reissue, I settled on this beauty!

Gibson Demo shop-on reverb.

2020 50’s Standard Tobacco Burst. Not as flame as I prefer but liked the neck specs, the upgraded pickups, and somehow it channels my inner Ace just looking at it. So yeah! It’s on its way! I dig the figuring of the maple top aside from the flame!

Spec Notes
Neck Profile:
Neck Material: Mahogany
Depth at 1st: .890
Depth at 12th: 1.007
Nut Width: 1.692
Nut Material: Graph Tech
Scale: 24.75
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 12
Fret Count: 22
Body Shape: Les Paul
Body Material: Mahogany
Finish Type: Gloss Nitro
Tuners: Gibson Deluxe
Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
Neck Pickup: Dimarzio PAF
Bridge Pickup: Dimarzio PAF
Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones, & Toggle Switch
Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
Weight: 9.05
Year: 2020

View attachment 531498 View attachment 531499
That’s a nice looking guitar. Too much red for me as I like a plainer tobacco top but no denying that it’s a beauty. And I’m for any guitar that inspires a player to get their Ace on as that’s who inspired me to play. Congratulations and enjoy! :applause:

Last edited:

captdan61

Reaction score

2020 50’s Standard Tobacco Burst. Not as flame as I prefer but liked the neck specs, the upgraded pickups, and somehow it channels my inner Ace just looking at it. So yeah! It’s on its way! I dig the figuring of the maple top aside from the flame!

Spec Notes
Neck Profile:

? How do you like the neck? I've been looking at the 60s in the 50s Les Paul Standard be coming out with I have an R9 but I was thinking of picking one up just cuz they look nice. But I haven't played one I'm waiting for amateur showing up on the used Market. I need Tobacco Burst or maybe an iced tea burst in my life my guitar Czar bourbon burst and then all I need is one of those really bright tomato soup he wants that's unreal like Joe Walsh have something that's just almost obnoxiously bright. Unless of course they found a guitar like that lemonburst R8 that that one guy on your house that's pretty goddamn nice!

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried buying all sunburst bass guitars but my son would notice weird things like different strings. Now he follows me on Instagram so he knows as soon as something shows up.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
? How do you like the neck? I've been looking at the 60s in the 50s Les Paul Standard be coming out with I have an R9 but I was thinking of picking one up just cuz they look nice. But I haven't played one I'm waiting for amateur showing up on the used Market. I need Tobacco Burst or maybe an iced tea burst in my life my guitar Czar bourbon burst and then all I need is one of those really bright tomato soup he wants that's unreal like Joe Walsh have something that's just almost obnoxiously bright. Unless of course they found a guitar like that lemonburst R8 that that one guy on your house that's pretty goddamn nice!
I’ll have to update tonight or tomorrow. It arrived and my daughter took it downstairs so wife wouldn’t see it . So I’ll have to impatiently finish work and get home later tonight and drool over it!

mjross

Reaction score
I’ll have to update tonight or tomorrow. It arrived and my daughter took it downstairs so wife wouldn’t see it . So I’ll have to impatiently finish work and get home later tonight and drool over it!
I find creative ways to hide my new purchases also! Wife is alway a little suspicious when she see a guitar that she has never seen before. I always respond with “that old thing, I just don’t get it out very often”! Works every time. However, I notice she seems to be counting cases. Gigbags, easier to hide!

This was much easier before covid and we were not always at home! It’s been a little tricky.

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jstarr823

ur my internet hero

i haven’t been able to be on much since July...
but things are slowing down at long last

so, I’m happy to be back seeing u buying every lester ever made :h5:

-chris

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
The Neck-----Well when I first got it out of the case and held it, it was WOW. That's a chunky neck. Easily the fattest neck I've held(although I'm a noob so take that for what it's worth). Last night I cleaned the guitar, conditioned fret board, restrung it with EB 9's and played a tiny bit. The bridge pickup was sounding not great, so I spent most of my "playing time" futzing with pickup height. Today, I played for about an hour. Mostly, doing blues stuff(pentatonic scales over blues track). Then, went over and played some Kiss stuff. Not sure if the pickups are going to stay. They are ok, and I'm sure some will love them. But I have some Tone Rider Rockstar pickups I may wish to try in the Bridge and see if I get the growl I want. However, back to the neck. By the end of my play session, I'm loving the neck. It's definitely, chunky but I can still play well on it, and very comfortable. I'll have to play my plain top Trad Pro V later with the Asym neck and see if I can go back and forth w/out the wheels falling off the cart lol.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
First off, I get your neck comments, but hang in there. My 2018 LP Classic Player Plus has a "50s rounded" neck, and I can rock with it. What about channeling your full Ace and changing out to Dimarzio Super Distortions? On another Ace note, those Ace signature guitars are just awesome. I know I will get (and rightfully so ..) chastised here, but I am really thinking of getting a not-so-authentic imported Ace model as a project guitar. Worst case, it would look cool hanging on my wall ...

dasherf17

Reaction score

Spec Notes
Neck Profile:

Edit: Guitar arrived. Pics added
First several pics are of guitar on arrival before restring and cleaning, last 2 pics in case are cleaned and restrung/fret board conditioned etc....

View attachment 532772 View attachment 532773 View attachment 532774 View attachment 532775 View attachment 532776 View attachment 532777 View attachment 532778

Initial impressions, it's beautiful. Flame is way more impressive in person vs the stock photos. The Dimarzio pickups are ok I guess. Have to really bring them up high to get the heavier rock tones. Similar to my 2016 Standard with w/e pickups came stock with that. Switch was loose, I tightened it and managed to scratch her up good. So I got a head start on the relic'ing lol. Neck is very full, but comfortable. I'm tired, after work today, and setting this up tonight. Going to get some rest and play it a bunch tomorrow.

Spec Notes
Neck Profile:

Edit: Guitar arrived. Pics added
First several pics are of guitar on arrival before restring and cleaning, last 2 pics in case are cleaned and restrung/fret board conditioned etc....

View attachment 532772 View attachment 532773 View attachment 532774 View attachment 532775 View attachment 532776 View attachment 532777 View attachment 532778

Initial impressions, it's beautiful. Flame is way more impressive in person vs the stock photos. The Dimarzio pickups are ok I guess. Have to really bring them up high to get the heavier rock tones. Similar to my 2016 Standard with w/e pickups came stock with that. Switch was loose, I tightened it and managed to scratch her up good. So I got a head start on the relic'ing lol. Neck is very full, but comfortable. I'm tired, after work today, and setting this up tonight. Going to get some rest and play it a bunch tomorrow.
Ya HAD to do it, di'n't ya?
(Nice job! She's a beaut!)

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Well all! I'm officially in love with this guitar. It took me a bit to figure out how to shape the sound I wanted. Ended up with the pickups fairly low, compared to how I first had it set. I also need to dial back on the volume and tone a fair bit for heavy distortion not to sound overly bright/ice picky. Once I figured that out. Man, the tone is awesome. Nails classic Kiss stuff very well. After playing this neck for the past week or so, man it's so comfortable. It is chunky and I wonder if this is more akin to a 58' neck vs a 59' neck. Either way, I really like it. That said, I also adore the neck on my new Traditional Pro V(Asymmetrical with compound radius fretboard). It's nice to play each, practice on each etc...

Plus when I go to pick this thing up, it's just so beautiful I have to stare at it a minute to appreciate it ;p.

Latest Threads